Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLORIDA RIGS
Been a while since I've posted but here is my departments new 2013 Sutphen SP95 1500/300. Shes been in service for about a month and a half. I want to thank fyreline for his help with the spec format that helped me spec out this beautiful rig.

[Image: 20140128_110150_zps65ajk0og.jpg]
[Image: 20140128_110207_zpsugizp9hn.jpg]
[Image: 20140128_110300_zpsxc6fdv4r.jpg]
Here are some pics of our station 73/ARFF apparatus

[Image: 20140318_085707_zpso2y5vv3y.jpg]
[Image: 20140318_085728_zpsor53fyez.jpg]
[Image: 20140318_085835_zps87yjlsbt.jpg]
[Image: 20140318_085812_zpsxa5vumfu.jpg]
Great pics, Droopydogg! Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck with the new tower - it looks great.
I love Sutphens, we may be getting several 75' Sutphen towers in Miami-dade in the near future, I heard today of a failure somewhere of an aerial piece not sure where? Sutphen put out a cease all aerial operation's nation wide until failure's are identified? can anyone further  

verify as to this event with Sutphen ladders? thanks.

PA and NC, both had Sutphen 100' Tower units. Cables broke while in operation causing the aerials to retract quickly, and hurting several firefighters. Sounds as if this was a previous issue, but due to multiple recent happenings they are making a public announcement and voluntarily asking departments to take their 100' and plus units out of service until inspected or fixed.
Quote:I love Sutphens, we may be getting several 75' Sutphen towers in Miami-dade in the near future, I heard today of a failure somewhere of an aerial piece not sure where? Sutphen put out a cease all aerial operation's nation wide until failure's are identified? can anyone further  

verify as to this event with Sutphen ladders? thanks.

The halt order only effects 5 section aerials. The incidents were in PA and Hall County, GA (not NC).
Droopydogg, nice looking tower. What's going to happen with the old truck 74 (the Pierce) ?

On my first trip to Florida, I wasn't able to get out to photograph too many rigs.  However, I did manage to stop in at Palm Beach County Station 68 and got Engine 68, a Freightliner/Ferrara.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Pierce is getting some work done and cleaned up and should be going to replace the engine at our station 76 to place a truck co. in the north end of the city. No word on when but it will probably be early fall.
Spotted another Pierce Quantum lettered for Broward Sheriff Fire-Rescue E206 on the Pierce Flickr page. 

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Orlando Fire Department
Orange County, FL
Woods 14 Job#10371
2014 Kenworth/Spartan Classic Trooper 750/200/20gal Class A
Photo by: Anderson Fland

[Image: 1t1umh.jpg]

One of Miami-Dades engines is on the Rosenbaure new delivery page. Looks pretty good

http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/deliver...l/?id=1335
Don't like the red on the front bumper with that paint scheme...but if that is the safest, most visible combo then I'm all for it.

Miami-Dade starting to receive the first (5) of a total of 31 new Rosenbauer/commander pumpers, should be 5 per month starting this month. Also receiving (20) new 

Freightliner/Braun rescue trucks with the first (5) in & inservice.