Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
Nice looking rig, Mike!!!

Here is Meriden's new Truck 1 all lettered, striped, and nearly ready to go...    

Three generations of Meriden truck one's...

2013 Seagrave Marauder II 100' TDA

1999 E\-One Cyclone II 100' rearmount (to become spare Truck 101)

1988 Olympian/LTI 1500/300 100' tower (to be disposed of)

And our Seagraves together...

Truck 1 - 2013 Seagrave Marauder II 100' TDA

Engine 3 - 2010 Seagrave Marauder II 1250/500

Meriden Reserve Engine 105, as Engine 5 - 1988 Hahn/Ranger 1000/500

(ex-Middletown FD; ex-Connecticut Valley Hospital)

Meriden Car 3 - 2007 Ford Expedition

Um, excuse me Mike...I think you're missing a photo of one 1998 E\-One Cyclone II  LOL!!!

Hmmm....who is this?  Wink  Do you mean THIS rig? Smile

After all these years I though I never see a yellow rig in Meriden! LOL

Mike, my buddy Big Mike (ctfire) said to me yesterday that Engine 5's E\-One has been taken OOS correct?  Do you know what are the plans to replace it?  And I think Engine 4 is also up too..........

Quote:After all these years I though I never see a yellow rig in Meriden! LOL

Mike, my buddy Big Mike (ctfire) said to me yesterday that Engine 5's E-one has been taken OOS correct?  Do you know what are the plans to replace it?  And I think Engine 4 is also up too..........

You mean a yellow-ish rig againFireman  In 1979 the city purchased a lime yellow ALF Century pumper for E5.  It lasted in that color scheme for five years or so, and was repainted white over red.  The E\-One currently assigned to E5 was purchased in 1996.  It has a major issue with its frame and will likely be taken offically OOS once the repair cost is known.  The reality is that E5 probably should have been replaced in 2011/12, but with budgets being what they are it wasn't.  I know that demonstrators were being sought, but the best answer is to buy a rig that we spec out, and fleet commonality would be a good thing.  There is talk of using E11 from South Meriden VFD as a longer temporary replacement, but all options are on the table at the moment.  E4 would in theory be next, however E2 is a 1999 and in worse shape.  Our new Chief certainly has some apparatus issues to deal with.

Quote:Hmmm....who is this?  Wink  Do you mean THIS rig? Smile

[Image: attachicon.gif]Meriden_E4.JPG
Yes..exactly how did you manage to keep the governor out of the shot? He's at the firehouse more than some of the guys who are assigned there....

To echo mike's statements engine 2 is pretty banged up doing 3000 or so runs a year, positive changes on the horizon for the department moving forward....
Got to the Connecticut state convention parade for the first time in my life last weekend.  It was hosted by South Windsor.  A beautiful day and even though the sun was on the "wrong side of the street" and there were so many spectators, I finally got the pics cleaned up a bit.  Thank God for Photoshop!  Rather than start a new thread, I'll just put a few on here.  The rest are in my Smugmug thing. 

First up from the host company is Eng 3 - 2011 Sutphen 1500/750.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And South Windsor's Twr 1 - 2008 American LaFrance 2000/300/100' MM.

Also from South Windsor, X-Eng 6 - 1966 Maxim 1000/500.

From the Webster HC of Ansonia is Eng 3 - 2009 Pierce Arrow XT 1250/500.

Bethany Eng 82 is a 2009 Spartan/Gowans-Knight 1500/1000/30F.

Middlefield Eng 1 - 1958 Mack B85 750/500.

Westfield FD of Middletown Eng 1 - 1954 Ward LaFrance 750/750.

North Haven Eng 7 - 2012 Spartan/Smeal 1500/750.

West Ridge FC of North Haven brought this 1951 Mack LS85.