Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
Portland Lad 1 - 2008 Pierce Velocity 2000/500/25F/75' RM.

Attached Files Image(s)

This was neat - from Prospect, CT, Lad 1 was a 1915 American LaFrance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Andover EngTnk 215 - 1991 Emergency One Cyclone 1500/1000.

Somers Sqd 246 - 2013 Spartan/4 Guys 1500/1000/30F.

Mike Q-

Engine 3 and Ladder 1 are the only Seagraves thus far, there's still time to replace the rest of the fleet with Sutphens. BananaMan Who is it that has the Sutphen similar in paint design as your trucks?

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
And finally from Sandy Hook, Eng 441 is a 2010 Pierce Arrow XT 1500/850/80F.  As I said previously, the rest are on my Smugmug page.

Quote:Mike Q-

Engine 3 and Ladder 1 are the only Seagraves thus far, there's still time to replace the rest of the fleet with Sutphens. BananaMan Who is it that has the Sutphen similar in paint design as your trucks?

Trav!

Our bid spec specifies that the manufacturer's name must start with an S and contain 8 letters, sorry. Wink  Monroe is the department that has silver over red Sutphens, and actually the place our former Chief and I visited to make sure he liked how it looked outside, as we had seen the rig inside at the New England Chief's Show a few months prior.  The red they used was lighter and the stripe white, but it still gave us a good idea of what we would be getting and needless to say was a sherp looking color scheme.  I have a pic on a portable hard drive that I will attempt to find and post tonight, assuming it isn't already posted somewhere in this 106 page thread.  Smile
Quote:Andover EngTnk 215 - 1991 Emergency One Cyclone 1500/1000.
Just recently place back into service after be refurbished by Gowans-Knights in watertown.
Quote:Meriden Reserve Engine 105, as Engine 5 - 1988 Hahn/Ranger 1000/500

(ex-Middletown FD; ex-Connecticut Valley Hospital)

[Image: attachicon.gif]Meriden_RE105.JPG
This is not a Hahn chassis.
Quote:This is not a Hahn chassis.

Ottawa/Beck?
Penfab Ranger is what I was told when I shot it. Could not find any name plates on it
Quote:Ottawa/Beck?

Correct - I'm figuring the body was probably rehabbed by Ranger. I don't think I've ever seen an Ottawa-Beck/Ranger combination from the factory.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:Ottawa/Beck?

Correct Ottawa Truck Cab. Built by Ottawa Truck of Ottawa, Kansas.
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
As far as I know and remember, Meriden "Engine 5" was originally purchased by Middletown (City FD) from Ranger directly and was not a refurb by them.  It served as Engine 1 then Engine 2 in Middletown.  I was always told it was a Hahn chassis since it was purchased in 1988 from Ranger.  I have a couple local apparauts books I'll check to see if it has the information on it.  

When it was replaced, the State bought the engine for Connecticut Valley Hospital to replace an older rig up there.  CVH's fire department was recently disbanded.  When it went up for sale, Meriden purchased it as they didn't have a good spare engine at the time.

Quote:As far as I know and remember, Meriden "Engine 5" was originally purchased by Middletown (City FD) from Ranger directly and was not a refurb by them......When it went up for sale, Meriden purchased it as they didn't have a good spare engine at the time.

Some clarifications:

I know Middletown purchased it new from Ranger and it is not a rehab.  As for Meriden not having a "good spare", the truth is we have 2 good spares but needed a third spare engine to replace the 1989 Pemfab Ranger that was assigned to E105 and had previously served as E2.  The yellow rig was in better shape so we bought it as we couldn't beat the price.  Unfortunately the current E5 (1996 E\-One) has been taken out of service (possibly permanently) with frame issues, so until a new rig can be obtained the yellow Ottawa/Hahn-Ranger has seen some service as E5.  As of this writing the yellow engine is back in the spare pool and E104 (ex-E3 1995 E\-One) is running as "E5" since it has more compartment space than the Ottawa/Ranger.

listed on Firenews.org as a 1988 Ottawa/Beck/Ranger..........

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Ottawa/Ranger. thats what the plates in the cab say.
Thanks Mike.....that's what I thought but had started to second guess myself.  Smile

It is a peach to drive though...something quite unique about tooling around in the city in a truck that was built when I was a year old.  I can assure you that the novelty is shaken right out of your soul as you hit bumps and potholes.

Bethel, CT Rescue 1

2003 Kenworth/Rescue 1

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com