Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[quote name='CDNARFF' post='146945' date='Sep 8 2007, 12:10 ']Has anyone been able to photograph the Colets at LAX???[/quote]

I work at LAX (and get onto the airfield) and they do not have any. I know they did some demos with them at one time but there are not any there now.

Chet
[Image: IMG_2934.jpg]

Rescue 47
Los Angeles has what I think are the best looking Pierces anywhere.

Here's my question though. Why doesn't the L.A.F.D. lean one way or the other when it comes to Pierce/Seagrave? Seems like they constantly order a "split" batch.
[Image: ddb1f0c4.jpg]

Squad 4
[quote name='Monrovia1' post='162433' date='Nov 11 2007, 03:38 '][Image: ddb1f0c4.jpg]

Squad 4[/quote]

thats a sweet rig. dont LAFD have a couple of these?
There are 4 of them I believe, all being '05 Pierce Arrow XT's. Haz Mat Squad's 04 (Chinatown), 95 (LAX), 48 (San Pedro) and 70 (Northridge) have them assigned. Unsure if there is still a Haz Mat Squad 39 in Van Nuys and if so what they are running although at one point they had one of the '92 Seagrave/Saulsbury rigs (That went to SQD70 at some point before they got their '05 Arrow XT).

Corrections welcome.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
From what i know from what the US Air Force and Atlanta expierences with Jaguars. They dont want them. All they do uis keep mechanics and welders employed.
Nice catch with Sq 4 Monrovia1
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='162519' date='Nov 11 2007, 10:12 ']There are 4 of them I believe, all being '05 Pierce Arrow XT's. Haz Mat Squad's 04 (Chinatown), 95 (LAX), 48 (San Pedro) and 70 (Northridge) have them assigned. Unsure if there is still a Haz Mat Squad 39 in Van Nuys and if so what they are running although at one point they had one of the '92 Seagrave/Saulsbury rigs (That went to SQD70 at some point before they got their '05 Arrow XT).

Corrections welcome.[/quote]

If I remember correctly Sq 39 was moved to fire station 70 (Northridge) to become SQ 70.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
How much 4" or 5" supply line do they carry and how much 2.5"???

Jason
[color="#FF0000"][size="2"]Jason Cherry

Engineer E-3

College Hill[/size][/color]

[color="#0000FF"][url="http://www.iafflocal502.com"]Texarkana, AR IAFF Local 502[/url][/color]

[color="#0000FF"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw_bnS-qcds&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bollywoodsargam.com%2Fvideo_todayfeaturedvideo.php%3Fblockbustermovieclip%3Dpw_bnS-qcds---latest-Texarkana_Train_Derailment&feature=player_embedded"]Texarkana Train Derailment Explosion[/url][/color]
[Image: a30c5bf0.jpg]

Battalion 7
[quote name='Monrovia1' post='162664' date='Nov 11 2007, 20:13 '][Image: a30c5bf0.jpg]

Battalion 7[/quote]

Appears B7 will be the first to get one of the new hatchback Suburbans.
[quote name='tafd00367' post='162624' date='Nov 11 2007, 17:05 ']How much 4" or 5" supply line do they carry and how much 2.5"???

Jason[/quote]

LAFD uses 4" and 2.5" as supply line. Last I heard, they carried 750' of each.
[Image: IMG_3091.jpg]

Engine 74 serving the Sunland\Tujunga area
RA 842

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RA 842, far from home

E274

bad shot of T74, an older Simon Duplex

[quote name='Iggyz' post='124415' date='Jul 1 2007, 05:47 ']the other day while driving northbound on highway 151 outside of madison wisconsin there was a convoy of brand new Pierce LAFD pumper trucks heading south. unsure if they were heading for a train depot to get shipped out or if they were driving the whole way.

in the past i have seen lafd pumpers on the back of faltbeds too. i live about 2 hrs south of the Pierce plant. unfortunately in the past we have stopped there and you cannot tour the plant unless you have a truck in production whereas the Seagrave plant in wisconsin will give tours and rides in new apparatus they have on site.[/quote]

Engine's 9 and 209 are slated to be replaced with 2007 Pierce's
[Image: IMG_3179.jpg]