Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince George's County MD

This is the 1978 Freightliner with the old Bruco body.

Morningside Squad 27

Credit to the photographer
[quote name='mdmodeler' post='108336' date='May 15 2007, 21:54 ']The squad that came from Lynchburg was already refurbished when PG got it.The only thing PG did at the time was change the lettering and put a red stripe on it.

The Morningside GMC/Bruco was a 1962 that was volunteer owned until I think 1978 or 79 when PG bought a Kenworth and placed the 1962 Bruco body on it.[/quote]

Appreciate the info.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Not to throw a monkey wrench in this but I have Squad 47's GMC, Bruco from Lynchburg as a '66. I figured it was rehabbed later before PG but was unsure of when -the recessed quartz lights on the front of the body are a tell-tale. PGCo later had it rehabbed I belive by JC Moore about '86 I think repainted to County colors. As I have it, was last seen in a junk yard in PG after a short stint as a reserve. I was never up on it so I can't verify 100% on that model year -just as I have been told by many that shot it over the years. I concur on the Squad 27 info.

See PG County Apps History at [url="http://stores.ebay.com/Bayside-Boyz"]http://stores.ebay.com/Bayside-Boyz[/url]
[quote name='Ed Freen' post='109055' date='May 17 2007, 20:17 ']Not to throw a monkey wrench in this but I have Squad 47's GMC, Bruco from Lynchburg as a '66. I figured it was rehabbed later before PG but was unsure of when -the recessed quartz lights on the front of the body are a tell-tale. PGCo later had it rehabbed I belive by JC Moore about '86 I think repainted to County colors. As I have it, was last seen in a junk yard in PG after a short stint as a reserve. I was never up on it so I can't verify 100% on that model year -just as I have been told by many that shot it over the years. I concur on the Squad 27 info.

See PG County Apps History at [url="http://stores.ebay.com/Bayside-Boyz"]http://stores.ebay.com/Bayside-Boyz[/url][/quote]

Your probably correct,I have it listed as a 1966,68 and 74 in different publications

Marlboro VFD

1968 Ford F/ALF(?)

Old Truck 20

I believe this ended up as a beer truck for special events.

I think it went to Buck Distributors

credit to the photographers

picture is from 1970
That truck was originally was a 1939 ALF 400 series ladder truck which belonged to Water Witch H&L of Annapolis. In 1968 Water Witch sold it and Marlboro left the trailer dark green and added the newer ford cab and also painted it dark green. Some time later they re-painted it red. The truck did end up at a local beer distributor painted in the colors of Lowenbrau beer. The original ALF 400 series tractor ended up as a tow truck/welding truck in a junk yard in Virgina for many years.
Here is the truck as it originally looked while in service at Water Witch. Photo from my collection, original photographer unknown.    
Here's a color picture of it while in service with Marlboro. Photo from my collection, original photographer unknown.    

1944 GMC Amphibious Duck

Laurel VFD

John D. Floyd Photo

1948 GMC Duck

Laurel VRS

John D. Floyd Photo

1948 GMC Duck

former Laurel Rescue

Accokeek VFD

Duck 24

John D.Floyd Photo

Baden VFD

1964 Ford F-600/Young

1970's Jeep CJ 5

John D. Floyd Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Berwyn Heights

Old Mini-Pumper 14

1971 Mack CF

John D. Floyd II Photo

Bladensburg VFD

John D. Floyd II photo

Frye Collection

Bowie

1969 Ford F-600

Old Light unit 19

I believe that there were two of these '69 Fords.They originally served as water supply units,stationed at 29 and 30.

John D.Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection

Bowie VFD

1981 Hahn

John D. Floyd Photo

Frye Collection

Beltsville VFD

1969 Ward LaFrance(ex-Hyattsville)

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection

District Heights VFD

1978 Mack

Old Engine 262

This engine was destroyed in a accident in the late '90s I believe

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection

Cottage City

1972 Seagrave

Old Squad 2

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection

1968 Mack C-85

I think this was originally from Boulevard Heights but I'm not sure.

John D. Floyd II Photo

Frye Collection