Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seattle new rigs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

L to R

200 feet of 2 1/2 preconnected attack/blitz line

1000 feet of 2 1/2

Skid-load, two bundles of 2 1/2, 100 feet each used to supply stand pipe, monitor or all purpose supply line

100 feet 1 3/4 wye load

800 to 1000 feet of LDH with manifold attached

Great shots of the new engines.  Great looking rigs, too.  

Quote:Great shots of the new engines.  Great looking rigs, too.  
Thanks Bryce, and the crews have nothing but good things to say about the new rigs.

Very nice rigs....thank you for pics of the tailboard!  

Great pics!

I really like those new engines....seems like pretty cool  specs!

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
There's always been something about Seattle's trucks that have kept me on the fence, but these new Arrow XTs are 1,000 times better than those excuse for fire truck E\-One Quests! Banghead

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:There's always been something about Seattle's trucks that have kept me on the fence, but these new Arrow XTs are 1,000 times better than those excuse for fire truck E-One Quests! Banghead

Trav!
I agree 100%.  Thanks to all for the positive comments.  Hoping to hear shortly about additional orders from Pierce.
Looks like some very purpose built hose lays. 

Can you explain what each one is for?

Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
Quote:.
Looks good except why would you design the end of the supply line to hide part of the arrow stick.  Shrug
Quote:Looks good except why would you design the end of the supply line to hide part of the arrow stick.  Shrug
The supply line is connect to a manifold inside the compartment.  I'll see if I can find a picture and then post it.
Quote:Looks like some very purpose built hose lays. 

Can you explain what each one is for?
I just took the picture.  Standby, I'll try to get some answers.
Any idea what the purpose of the square cut out is on the officers side to the rear of the hose bed?
Quote:Any idea what the purpose of the square cut out is on the officers side to the rear of the hose bed?
 It 's a step hole.

Quote:The supply line is connect to a manifold inside the compartment.  I'll see if I can find a picture and then post it.
The supply line is connect to a manifold inside the compartment. I'll see if I can find a picture and then post it.

Here is the locally designed manifold that's always deployed connected to the supply line.

Here is a shot of the new rescue sitting in a shadow behind station 14. It's still not in service, at least as of the beginning of this week.

Quote:Here is a shot of the new rescue sitting in a shadow behind station 14. It's still not in service, at lease as of the beginning of this week.

I like the solid front wheels MUCH better than I like those with holes in them. Odd, that they use different styles though, I've always wondered who decides that stuff.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
My guess:  it's probably a heavier front axle than generally used, forcing a change to the solid-style wheel.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA