Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1354637118' post='504802']

Sorta....

KME purchased several Maxim F cabs after Maxim closed. On one visit, I saw about six or seven of them sitting up on the hill behind the factory. These cabs were used on the KME Firefox chassis (non-tilt cabs) and were sold to customers who wanted that look. Two went to Riverdale Heights, MD. One went on a tractor for an ALF TDA for Hillside, MD to match a Maxim F pumper they had. Trenton, NJ had at least one. I have seen a few others, but their locations escape me at the moment and I am on the wrong computer to look them up.

[/quote]

Trying to remember but ALMOST ALL of TFD had this KME style cab... They were a BIG user of Maxim as well.

Engine 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 I know had them... There was no Engine 4 as it was disbanded in the 60's or early 70's. Eng 3 was Hahn, 9 was a Suphen, and 10 was a Maxim Readi tower. This was the line up with 4 Maxim Reserve Engines until the mid 1990's.
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' timestamp='1354660549' post='504837']

Both Hillside units were/are in Slickville,PA.,Trenton had at least 3, 2 1991 engines (E5&6), and a 1992 "tower engine" KME/Maxim cab with a Boardman body and 63' articulating squirt boom by Redi-tower (E1).

[/quote]

After a bit more research, it looks like Trenton also had a pair of 1993's at Engines 7 and 9. At some point, Engine 5's went to Engine 8. In looking at the 1996 version of Engine 1, it may just be a newer KME cab on the same body as the 1992. That was a KME body, Boardman's only involvement was the Readi-Tower, which they owned in 1992. It appears to be the same Readi-Tower on the 1996 version. I also located another one of these rigs serving in Rochester, IN.
[quote name='Fireman5230' timestamp='1354757521' post='504893']

Trying to remember but ALMOST ALL of TFD had this KME style cab... They were a BIG user of Maxim as well.

Engine 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 I know had them... There was no Engine 4 as it was disbanded in the 60's or early 70's. Eng 3 was Hahn, 9 was a Suphen, and 10 was a Maxim Readi tower. This was the line up with 4 Maxim Reserve Engines until the mid 1990's.

[/quote]

Okay, maybe 5's didn't go to 8........
[quote name='taurudak' timestamp='1350436833' post='500836']

And finally, this privately-owned 1971 American LaFrance ?/?/100' MM which formerly served Stratford, NJ as Lad 6414.

[/quote]

Intresting note this appratus spend a few years privately owned in the Kansas City Metro. It was a neat rig.

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[Image: 1236_zps3b157dd2.jpg]

This truck was purchased in 1966, and was replaced in 1996 with a 750gal Pierce. (see pic from 2006 earlier in this thread.

Quote:Farmingdale (Monmouth County)
Quote:We were inside the SunBank Center Arena in Trenton NJ on Saturday, when the alarms went off and we were forced to evacuate due to an individual sneaking a smoke in the restroom and setting off the alarms system.

Caught a couple trucks outside.

Engine 10
Just noticed in this shot and the other Resv Engine photo, the TFD logo is missing.... These were added in the mid-1990s. Is this due to TFD doing EMS now as well if anyone can answer...
Quote:Unknown EMS unit driving through Elizabeth.

I'm pretty sure that this is an old unit from the Penacook Rescue Squad from up here in NH.
Quote:I'm pretty sure that this is an old unit from the Penacook Rescue Squad from up here in NH.
Looking a the pic you can see the 64X1 on the passenger door. Appears it is.

-Steve
Out for a walk today and caught some Jersey City, NJ apparatus out on a call. 

Engine 14, 

2010 Spartan/Crimson

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • willman940
Jersey City, NJ

Ladder 12

2003 American LaFrance/LTI

• willman940
Jersey City, NJ

Engine 5

2003 Pierce

Jersey City, NJ

Rescue 2

2012 Spartan/Rescue1

• willman940
Quote:Jersey City, NJ

Rescue 2

2012 Spartan/Rescue1

Is this a completely new rig or just a new cab?? i have heard of conflicting reports of it being  a refurb and completely new.
Quote:Jersey City, NJ

Rescue 2

2012 Spartan/Rescue1

http://www.rescue1mfg.com/recent-deliver...gallery=97  Looks completely new to me as delivered in July 2013 from Rescue 1 website.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Not sure.  The wikipedia page (I know, not very reliable)  lists it as a 2012/2006 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_City...Department

The 06 was damaged during flooding and a demo Rescue 1 had was modified and delivered to replace it, if I remember correctly.

Quote:The 06 was damaged during flooding and a demo Rescue 1 had was modified and delivered to replace it, if I remember correctly.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.rescue1mfg.com/recent-deliveries/2013-vehicle-deliveries/?album=5&gallery=97" title="External link">http://www.rescue1mf...um=5&gallery=97</a>
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
That is correct. their original rig was flooded during Sandy. this was a already built new truck that Rescue 1 modified to essentially match what they had.
Found this little guy in out in the snow today. Anyone know it's fate? FLFD has taken delivery of two other KME engines this year (a top mount at Engine 4 and a side mount at Engine 1) and I'm wondering if there's a third on the way?

Attached Files Image(s)

NJ - Jimmy Garvey
Ridgefield VAC

Always in our hearts, Stephen R. Dembski, FDRP T-2 LODD 7-15-07

Volunteerism: Service, Sacrifice, Spirit.