Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
When are the new pumpers coming in and what companies are they going to?

Will Hook and Ladder 4 ever be an active ladder company again? Will the current H&L 4 be sent to Smeal to be refurbed?
No money in the budget right now for new/refurbing. H&L3 is going to the 36s, taking the place of the current H&L4, which will become a reserve; since the only reserve we have is H&L40 from the airport, which is an 1988 LTI. Someday, there will be a new H&L purchased, which will probably then, go to the 4's and replace the truck complany.

Truck 33's smeal is in Nebraska getting it's makeover.
I forgot about H&L 40 being that old. That should've been in the budget in the last few years to replace it. I realize that it's not a busy company, but it should still be replaced soon.
Agreed, that H&L4 isn't that busy, but their runs have increased since the 36s get shut down quite often, just like Truck 5; increasing the workload of the 2 H&L's. We also still have H&L15's LTI as a reserve, but the aerial is of no use.
[quote name='STLFire2494' timestamp='1330709181' post='476406']

Agreed, that H&L4 isn't that busy, but their runs have increased since the 36s get shut down quite often, just like Truck 5; increasing the workload of the 2 H&L's. We also still have H&L15's LTI as a reserve, but the aerial is of no use.

[/quote] Matt, did they dispose of old H&L 6 the E\-One Tower? What is wrong with the old H&L 15 aerial is that the one that wrecked while in reserve a few years ago? thanks for the info.

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' timestamp='1330803042' post='476508']

Matt, did they dispose of old H&L 6 the E\-One Tower? What is wrong with the old H&L 15 aerial is that the one that wrecked while in reserve a few years ago? thanks for the info.

Rick

[/quote]

Last I saw, the old H&L 6 E\-One was for sale on Govdeals. But it appears to be gone now. The listing was somewhere out of Alabama.
Yes, the E\-One went to Ala. somewhere. It was H&L4' s LTI that was wrecked a few years ago. Crashed into a bus shelter, nearly taking out a newly promoted captain. It was sitting in a salvage lot in Bridgeton for sometime, but disappeared over the summer.

Not 100% sure what is wrong with 115s aerial. But theres a piece a paper on the windshield that says DO NOT USE AERIAL. Been there for sometime. Probably too costly to repair for its age. It just sits @ EH9. Don't know if they even take it out and let it run weekly. H&L6 broke down a few weeks ago and they had to put them in a Quint. So I really don't know what purpose it has anymore.

And in 2011 H&L4 was the busiest H&L (mostly because its stablemate T36 is shut down majority of the time) in the city; I think they had 954 runs.
H&L 4's old LTI is out just past St. Clair out on I-44 sitting in a lot visible from the highway with a blue tarp over the cab! Or it has been for the past couple of years. Downtown H&L 2 had the 4's LTI when they went in to the Lee's Chicken to get food and it rolled into a bus stop, almost completely shredding the officers side of the cab!
I heard today that Hook and Ladder 4 will take the place of Truck 4, since it's in 804's district, thus being Hook and Ladder "4". Is this true???
Im not sure if they have decided where H&L4 is going. One big issue is if a full size H&L will fit in any of the houses in the 4th.

I think the 14s would be a good spot. Less than half a mile from 32 and close to where the action is down that way as well as your taller buildings in that area.

Prob would have to move the medic unit out of there like they did at the 12s for H&L6

I was told that the 4's is the house it will fit in. i know that house well so i think it would work. the only thing that would have to be changed is the no parking zone across the street. it would have to be expanded 15-20 more feet in each direction.
Valley Park Fire District

Pumper Rescue 1914

2006 Pierce Dash

2000/1000/30

Valley Park Fire District

Quint 1922

1998 Pierce Lance

2000/500/75'

Fenton Fire District

Quint 1345

2011 Rosenbauer 75'

Fenton Fire District

Quint 1325

2008 Rosenbauer 68'

Saline Valley Fire Protection District

Midi Engine 7420

2009 Rosenbauer/GMC

1000/300

Saline Valley Fire Protection District

Quint 7415

2009 Rosenbauer

2000/500/75'

Fenton Fire District

Engine 1334

1999 HME/Firemaster

Fenton Fire District

Engine 1314

1994 Pierce Arrow

*Soon to be replaced by a Pierce Patient Transport Pumper

When were the LEDs added to 1922?! Looks good!

And where was this fire located?