Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia - Here and There
Fairfax County Engine Company 2 (Vienna VFD)

American Lafrance

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairfax City Foam Engine 3

Pierce Dash

Attached Files Image(s)

do any of the VA guys know how many Mack CF's York County had? I have two John Friis shots from there, one of E110, a 1976 CF and E210 a 1973. both appear to have been refurbed with high side compartments. anyone know who did them and when? I also have this shot I just won on ebay. Its a Tom Bair shot of York County E1. its marked 1971, but I believe it is the 1973 CF.I compared them they are identical exc. for paint and the highsides. anyone know for sure.

thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John or firemag would be the authority on this.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Good2Go' date='07 January 2011 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1294426285' post='419090']

Nokesville VFD Seagrave - Ex Wagon 5

Note sure of this rigs current status

[/quote]

Nate, old Engine 5 is being run as Engine 511 now since one of their engines has been taken out of service for good.
[color="#CC0000"]Young: The Cadillac Of Fire Apparatus.

Andy Pagano[/color]
[quote name='paganores10cue' date='09 January 2011 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1294629370' post='419644']

Nate, old Engine 5 is being run as Engine 511 now since one of their engines has been taken out of service for good.

[/quote]

Same with one of Yorkshire's 87/96 E-ones since 11B is out for PM. Nokesville's Seagrave is kept as a Battalion 1 resverve pumper/tanker
Andy or JR, which of 11's rig's bit the dust?

Do you know if they're planning to replace it?
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Thanks for the update on the rigs gents. I got to drive Yorkshire's old Hurricane during DPO at FS25 a few summers ago and was repeatedly reprimanded for driving too fast during evolutions... lol. I couldn't resist.

Great to hear the Seagrave is still in service!

Nate
[quote name='Good2Go' date='06 January 2011 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1294363467' post='418955']

Fairfax County Rescue Company 21 - 1 of 3 "Technical Rescue Companies" operated county wide. The other 2 Tech Rescue Companies are 14 and 39.

[/quote]

My Bad! Rescue Company 18 is the 4th Tech Rescue company. How could I forget that?

Major brain fart...

Nate
[quote name='Roto-Ray' date='10 January 2011 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1294677293' post='419695']

Andy or JR, which of 11's rig's bit the dust?

Do you know if they're planning to replace it?

[/quote]

I guess its the older of the two. I know its costing them to much to keep it in service and they are both pretty well worn. I know that they have started the replacement process.
Jr, when I was at FS11 months ago they were hard at work spec'n at least one new Engine. I wanna say their current Quantums are from the late 90's (?) and considering their call volume it seems long overdue to bring in some new rigs. Just my opinion.

Nate
[quote name='thom2943' date='16 November 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1289965386' post='411933']

Richmond E16 1998 Freightliner Pierce

[/quote]

While I'm not usually a fan of commercial chassis Engines I (for some reason) kind of like these Richmond rigs.

Anybody have any info on if they are still considering returning to a more conventional Truck Company/Engine Company system vs the Quint concept system?
Fairfax County, VA

Engine Company 1 - Mclean District

Pierce Dash

This rig was originally assigned to the training academy (Engine 7) but by necessity was transferred to FS1 to replace Mclean VFD's aged Pierce Lance rig

Attached Files Image(s)

Sterling Volunteer Fire Company

Loudoun County, VA

Tower Ladder 11

2008 Seagrave (corrections welcome!)

Attached Files Image(s)

Centreville Volunteer Fire Department

Fairfax County, VA

Engine Company 17

2008 Pierce Dash

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairfax County, VA - West Centreville District