Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
I have to say, I think Ferrara is building some sharp rigs.  I hope they are and or will hold up well.

This is a really nice looking truck.......I hope it works out well for YFD!

New Ferrrar pumpers undergoing lettering.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's going to be a sharp looking rig. Can't wait to see the finished product in service. Quick Question- Whats the story behind the hand print behind the driver side rear door? I caught my eye, so I'm a little curious.

Thanks for sharing. 

Ccfr. The hand print was something related to Ff. Campion. He was an active Artist in NYC and very active in The Ronald McDonald House, children with Cancer. It was one of his works he was known for. He passed away last year.
Quote:Ccfr. The hand print was something related to Ff. Campion. He was an active Artist in NYC and very active in The Ronald McDonald House, children with Cancer. It was one of his works he was known for. He passed away last year.

Thanks for the information. Thats a really nice touch for that truck.

Thanks for sharing.
Shot of New TL at Ferrara inspection.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:.
Whats the brass thing attached to the inside of the wheel for?
Quote:Whats the brass thing attached to the inside of the wheel for?

To prevent a blowout if a tire goes down. This system inflates the tire enough to be able to come to a safety stop.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Interesting why not go with a tire pressure control system at that point.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:Interesting why not go with a tire pressure control system at that point.

I believe that's what it is. Prior rigs have them. I've personally broken off 2 while washing the Rescue Rig rims.
I guess that's what I was trying to explain, John, what you're referring to, and what I described, is essentially the same thing, no?

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
This device I'm talking about is commonly found on log trucks can moderate the pressure of the tire to acclimate to different terrain. IE lower pressure for off-road, higher pressure on road. It is pumped into a compressor to air them up again.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
I have to say I am kinda partial to my scope but do like the looks of the mid-mount
Undergoing acceptance testing.

Attached Files Image(s)