Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
Nice pic Phil, nice to see an unusual color combination like that.
[quote name='Paramedic_IL' post='92957' date='Mar 31 2007, 14:45 ']Nice pic Phil, nice to see an unusual color combination like that.[/quote]

West County does have some of the nicer units in the area. They have three 2003 ALF Eagle, one is a reserve. They also have a 2003 or '04 ALF Eagle 100' Platform. They have 4 2002 Freightliner/ALF medics, one is a reserve.

Here is a back shot of the above engine. It may look like they are going code, but the red LEDs at the top are break-lights and they flash.

I stopped by a couple of station today.

First up is West County EMS and Fire

Tower 3535

2003 American LaFrance Eagle/ LTI 100'

I asked the FF how much this unit cost, he said the unit itself was between 850-900K, equipped was over 1 million!! That makes this the most expensive unit Ive shot. Thanks to the great crew at the station for pulling her out for me.

Rear of 3535

Please forgive the next indoor shots. I stopped by Creve Coeur to get shots of the new St. Louis County HazMat unit. Unfortunately. they were doing some classroom training, they let me loose in the bays. So I got what I could.

St. Louis Co. HazMat

2006 Pierce Saber

I got pretty bad glares on the next one, the all glass bay doors look nice, but they suck when trying to take indoor shots.

Rear of the HazMat

Next up is Creve Coeur's rescue

Tactical Support 2316

1996 Pierce Saber 4x4

I Believe this unit was an add on to USAF order.

Rear of 2316

Reserve ambulance

Medic 2397

2000 International Road Rescue

Rear of 2397

Here is their quint

Quint 2315

2002 American LaFrance Eagle/LTI 110'

Rear of 2315

The arrow bar on the rear also doubles as a message board. Usually it goes through a cycle then flashes and says Keep Back 500 Ft. Its pretty cool.

My next stop was Maryland Heights to see their new ladder. I get within 1/4 mile when they get dispatched. I heard the tones and I thought to myself, "4427, 4425 respond" hoping they wouldnt say it. Sure enough, they DID!! I get up to the station just as they began to pull out, I got stopped at their traffic light.

Here is the new 4425 responding to a stroke.

I went back to the station after I went to eat lunch with my brother.

Here is the new ladder in quarters, just before they pulled it out.

Maryland Heights FPD

Quint 4425

2007 Spartan Gladiator Classic 75'

Front view

Officers side

Rear view

On my way home I was getting off the highway when Mehlville 1710 and Lemay medic 1617 were dispatched to a full arrest at Walgreens. The Walgreens is at the end of the exit ramp I was getting off at.

Here is Lemay 1617

2006 International

This was ordered with St. Louis City's order of 12 or 13.

Front view