Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' post='333754' date='Sep 2 2009, 22:22 ']I believe those rais up vertical to provide distance warning whe on scene or highway use. Some of the cars have Whelen light bars also that raise.

Stay Safe, Rick[/quote]

Correct, the original light bar's on the back were called the McDermott Bar. They are for use on the highway's here in NYC.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
The old '80 ALF looks like it had 283 painted on the door.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='anesti' post='333045' date='Aug 30 2009, 20:00 ']LOL that looks nothing like ladder 1's response area but a nice apparatus though, could have just relocated somewhere.[/quote]

What a chance posting. The 'real' Ladder 24 is shown immediately above. The real has doors, for starters. Check out the angle of the windshield, the lack of nerf bars above the bumper, the location of the cheek lights, replacement of spotlights with rearview mirrors, tool boxes on the tractor's running boards. The comparison is easy when they are so close together.

Phil, Bklyn.
Something completely different.

I had a tour of the old Brooklyn Navy yard by the BNY Development Co. Part was a tour of FDNY's Marine Division. Stationed there are fireboats John C McKane and Alfred E Smith. There are some interesting auxiliary pieces - A manifold trailer, a trailer mounter dewatering(?) or aux pump and an ex-US Army 4x4 fork lift (complete with warning lightbar on the roof.

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's the trailers

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Bklyn Phil' post='333996' date='Sep 4 2009, 11:41 ']Something completely different.

I had a tour of the old Brooklyn Navy yard by the BNY Development Co. Part was a tour of FDNY's Marine Division. Stationed there are fireboats John C McKane and Alfred E Smith. There are some interesting auxiliary pieces - A manifold trailer, a trailer mounter dewatering(?) or aux pump and an ex-US Army 4x4 fork lift (complete with warning lightbar on the roof.

Phil, Bklyn[/quote]

Phil:

You got 2 boats mixed up. At the Brooklyn Navy Yard is Marine 6 with the Kevin C. Kane and the Alfred Smith. The John D. McKean is at Marine 1 in Manhattan
[quote name='Bklyn Phil' post='333986' date='Sep 4 2009, 11:28 ']What a chance posting. The 'real' Ladder 24 is shown immediately above. The real has doors, for starters. Check out the angle of the windshield, the lack of nerf bars above the bumper, the location of the cheek lights, replacement of spotlights with rearview mirrors, tool boxes on the tractor's running boards. The comparison is easy when they are so close together.

Phil, Bklyn.[/quote]

its not a real rig then????
I attended a meeting yesterday at the Academy, aka "The Rock" to discuss their POD system for a possible project in NJ. Was able to get a few shots in. This Mack serves as oneof their prime movers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some of the PODs. This was contains a conveyor for dirt removal.

One of the Mass Decon PODs

In one of the back lots was the old Mobile Command Center. I wouldn't say it has been decommisioned yet but I doubt you will ever see it on the road again.

One of two old MTA buses coverted for use by FDNY. I suspect this won't see much road time anytime soon.

Another bus

No doubt this old "Fire Factory" Seagrave has seen better days.

Attached Files Image(s)

One former EMS unit converted for use by the Training Academy. Beind it an actually ambulance.

One of the former HME rescues

Other old ladder assigned to Bureau of Training

Ladder 22 getting some attention from the mechanics

Engine 21

Ladder 59