• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire
Truck A5 had a 1959 American La France 100' TDA s/n N434

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This 1964 International/1948 Seagrave was also a reserve truck

and I found one more engine. Engine 5 was this 1974 Mack R 1250/500

That is the last of the Pittsburgh stsuff in my collection. hope you enjoyed them!
Mike,

Thanks for posting. There is only one that I don't have, and that is the 1964/48 IHC/Seagrave TT that was kept at the fire academy. It was definetely a different combination.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272110' date='Jan 7 2009, 20:57 ']Truck 5 later got a 1974 American La France 100' TDA[/quote]

This later was transferred to 1 Truck and eventually ended up at the famous Pechins auction in Denbo a few years ago. And was painted black over yellow gold.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272118' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:03 ']Truck 14 had a 1976 Seagrave 100' TDA[/quote]

This is the second tiller bought by Monessen and is the tractor used as the boat tender.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272120' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:04 ']Truck 18 had a 1977 Seagrave 100' RM Aerial[/quote]

This was the first truck that came in with the Omaha Orange paint. This truck served until 1992 when 18 Engine and Truck reorganized and a quint took their place.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272132' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:13 ']Truck 39 had a 1973 American La France 100' MM Aerial[/quote]

This truck was originally numbered as 51 Truck. That was the station number before the reorganization in 1982. It was originally station 11 in Allegheny City before Pittsburgh annexed Allegheny City. After annexation, it was renumbered as 51 and in 1982 it became 39. There is a basement in this station and with an engine and a truck along with an old building, the truck was moved to 32 Engine on Spring Garden Ave due to concerns with the strength of the floor. It kept the 39 number and in 1992 this truck was eliminated. Currently, in 32's house, Engine and Truck 32 reside. The city had a quite a few mid mount Pioneers. 37 Truck had a Pioneer tiller that was replaced in 1988 with a Pierce tiller. It was solid red, had twin 4 beam model 184's and a "Q" mounted on the roof between them.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272134' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:15 ']Truck 51 had a 1973 American La France 100' MM Aerial[/quote]

As stated above, this became 39 Truck following the reorganization and renumbering.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='Shoop' post='272140' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:29 ']Mike,

Thanks for posting. There is only one that I don't have, and that is the 1964/48 IHC/Seagrave TT that was kept at the fire academy. It was definetely a different combination.[/quote]

Mike, as Paterick stated, these pictures are great and bring back many memories. Great job and thanks for posting them.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272133' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:14 ']Truck 47 had a 1973 American La France 100' TDA[/quote]

This became 37 Truck in 1982 after the renumbering took place. This truck served until 1988 when it was replaced by a Pierce tiller. Also housed in this house on West North Avenue in the Manchester section of the city, were 37 Engine and also Haz-Mat Foam 1, the 1988 Pierce with a 1,500 gpm Waterous pump, 300 gallons of water and 700 gallons of foam. This truck also has a 54' squirt and is on a tandem axle Pierce Lance chassis. A great looking piece of equipment.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Outstanding stuff Mike and everyone who shared photos. Thanks.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Here is X-9 in 1988 attending a training class at CCAC. It carries the shop number F1036. I can say that it was either a 1972 or 1973 model because the '74 models had cowl lights.

Here is the seal off of one of the Pierce TDA

Mike M & Atf- Good stuff ! PBF had some kinda unique stuff !
It's time to repaint the fleet! Congratulations, STEELERS!!!!!
Hate the Steelers, but the colors could represent the Penguins or Pirates
The thing I liked the most about it was that it gave the Pittsburgh rigs identity. Anyone can have a white/red fleet. We've lost too many "signature" paint schemes, like the Stars & Bars of D.C. and the Baltimore white and orange.
I was starting to chest pain for awhile, but it all worked out in the end. I sure would like to see those new Pierce Arrow XT Aerials arriving in Black/Gold.