Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 44

2007 Pierce Quantum

1500/1000

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 2

2002 Ford Excursion

Attached Files Image(s)

Austin FD is budgeted for five (5) new Engines in 2009. There is also talk about replacement of the Battalion Command Vehicles with Crew Cab Ford F-250's or Chevrolet 2500's (Diesel) with a red color scheme and gold striping and a cap/Extenda-Bed set up for incident command in the rear bed.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I'm not sure if this will be part of there budget for 2009 or not? But I've heared that AFD is looking to get 2 platform quints for 1's & 8's.
Rescue 28

2007 Pierce Quantum

Job # 18763

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 28

2008 Pierce Quantum

1500/1000/?A/?B

Job # 20398-2

Attached Files Image(s)

Ex-Quint 99

1998 Spartan/Quality

1500/400/75' Aerial Inovations

Ex-Quint 38

Ex-Truck 28

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm not sure as to the function of this unit.....couldn't figure out if it was a high expansion foam unit, large area ventilation unit, or large rehab fan. I'm sure someone can fill us in.....

Seth Granville
[quote name='TacSupport1' post='244387' date='Sep 5 2008, 13:23 ']I'm not sure as to the function of this unit.....couldn't figure out if it was a high expansion foam unit, large area ventilation unit, or large rehab fan. I'm sure someone can fill us in.....

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=37753][/quote]

This unit was called the "Smokebuster" I took a photo of it in 1986. Here is a quote from the AFD web site about it:

1984 - A High Volume Smoke Removal System, known to Austin firefighters as the Smokebuster, was placed into operation in March.
Some departments do not have the luxury of having straight truck companies. What if the engine housed with your dry stick gets a call and the next closest engine is several minutes out. How does the fire chief explain to the taxpayer that his $600k+ ladder truck can't put wetstuff on the red srtuff when his house/car/etc... is burning while waiting for a pumper to arrive. There are some cities/areas of the country that can still run/justify dry stick trucks. Most of the departments that run quints as Truck Companies do so out of economic necessity. 4 of the 5 Truck co's in Mobile are quints. They run with an engine at thier stations. There heve been several occasions over the years when the truck co was first on scene and water was needed now, not 3 to 5 minutes from then. A properly spece'd quint, run as a Truck Company, can give you an edge if used properly. What we must remember is that 75+% of all calls are for other than fires now days anyway. I am not against dry stick ladder trucks, but most places simply can not afford them in this day and age.
City Of Austin Joint Command Center

Seth Granville
Austin FD Ladder 36

???? Spartan/Quality/Aerial Innovations

Photo by me.

Seth Granville
I thought AFD Station 36 housed a quint. Has there been a rig swap?

Thanks in advance and great photos.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='250760' date='Sep 30 2008, 14:13 ']I thought AFD Station 36 housed a quint. Has there been a rig swap?

Thanks in advance and great photos.[/quote]

quint 36 is now quint 1. ladder 36 was supposedly going to be the 2000 dash tower previously assigned to 1s. Unfortunately I do not work at the medic unit down south at 36s to confirm this or deny this. Hopefully someone who gets down there regularly can fill you in
I have it noted (Can't remember from where) that the ladder tower from 1's went to 35's. Does that help or make sense?

Thanks for your information.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
35's is running a quint. 36's and 1's switch where Quint 36 went to 1's (Quint 1) and Ladder 1 went to 36's (Ladder 36). Why they did this I have no clue?

I have heared that they are looking to get 2 platfoam quints for 1's & 8's.

[quote name='Ladder 68' post='250847' date='Sep 30 2008, 19:42 ']I have it noted (Can't remember from where) that the ladder tower from 1's went to 35's. Does that help or make sense?

Thanks for your information.[/quote]
Ex-Ladder 36

1996 Spartan/Quality/Aerial Innovations 105'

[quote name='TacSupport1' post='250736' date='Sep 30 2008, 12:43 ']Austin FD Ladder 36

???? Spartan/Quality/Aerial Innovations

Photo by me.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=38600][/quote]
So I have this straight...

#1 The '08 Pierce Quint at 36's went to 1's.

#2 The Pierce Ladder Tower at 1's went to 36's.

#3 If that is true then 36's is running a ladder tower. So where did the '96 Spartan/Quality/AI 105' rig come from? If 36's doesn't have a ladder tower and is running the '96 rig, where did the ladder tower go?

Ha ha. Thanks in advance for tolerating the detailed questions.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
#1 Correct

#2 Correct

#3 I'am not sure when they got the 1996 Spartan/Quality/AI 105' ladder? But it replaced a 1988 Pierce Arrow 105' ladder. The 1996 Spartan/Quality/AI 105' ladder will most likey become a reserve ladder.

Funny thing is, I have heared that AFD is looking to get 2 platfoam quint's for 1's & 8's.

No problem with the the detailed questions. I just glad that everyone can tolerate my typing. lol

[quote name='Ladder 68' post='250900' date='Sep 30 2008, 21:15 ']So I have this straight...

#1 The '08 Pierce Quint at 36's went to 1's.

#2 The Pierce Ladder Tower at 1's went to 36's.

#3 If that is true then 36's is running a ladder tower. So where did the '96 Spartan/Quality/AI 105' rig come from? If 36's doesn't have a ladder tower and is running the '96 rig, where did the ladder tower go?

Ha ha. Thanks in advance for tolerating the detailed questions.[/quote]