Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston EMS
I hope it works out. A lot of folks are looking for a suitable replacement to the now defunct C4500
Was asked to add this....after a full wash, degreasing and shining of the diamond plate, A10 looks almost as good as new. Given the volume this truck ses, it's pretty hard to get it looking this good. Nice job Kim and Rob!

Photo Credit: Kim Horne

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
[quote name='edburke' timestamp='1307296120' post='442831']

Was asked to add this....after a full wash, degreasing and shining of the diamond plate, A10 looks almost as good as new. Given the volume this truck ses, it's pretty hard to get it looking this good. Nice job Kim and Rob!

Photo Credit: Kim Horne

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=75119]

[/quote]

That does look very nice I bet quite a bit of time and effort was spent on cleaning her up.

Should be interesting to see the first BEMS Terra Star's soon!

Kris
[quote name='Kris' timestamp='1307308881' post='442876']

That does look very nice I bet quite a bit of time and effort was spent on cleaning her up.

Should be interesting to see the first BEMS Terra Star's soon!

Kris

[/quote]

Well done, A10D!! It's great to see pride in your rig hasn't disappeared, completely!
[Image: DSC_8198.jpg]

Boston EMS

International Terra Star
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
[quote name='FDNY 10-75' timestamp='1308924132' post='445390']

Boston EMS

International Terra Star

[/quote]

Its kinda different looking. Is it inservice yet? How do they like it? My FD should be getting a Terrastar around the end of the year.
I love the look of Boston EMS vehicles, and I like Braun's product, but...well, there is just no easy way to say it - that "Terrible-Star" chassis is just F-U-G-L-Y!!! I hope it rides, handles, and lasts better than it loooks!!!
THe TeraStar I can get used to.....but it just doesn't look right without the Boston EMS Bumper. Any particular reason it was done away with?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='jquest6368' timestamp='1308981419' post='445477']

I love the look of Boston EMS vehicles, and I like Braun's product, but...well, there is just no easy way to say it - that "Terrible-Star" chassis is just F-U-G-L-Y!!! I hope it rides, handles, and lasts better than it loooks!!!

[/quote]

I am not a big fan of the looks of the chassis or the part that its brand new. But that said early reports are that it rides better than the C-4500, this is from people using the C-4500 and testing out the Terra Star.

I can't say for sure since I have not driven or rode on one yet.

Kris
[quote name='Kris' timestamp='1309015188' post='445500']

I am not a big fan of the looks of the chassis or the part that its brand new. But that said early reports are that it rides better than the C-4500, this is from people using the C-4500 and testing out the Terra Star.

I can't say for sure since I have not driven or rode on one yet.

Kris

[/quote]

Hopefully thats the case. The TerraStar will be replacing a 2008 C4500. That thing rides rough, it sounds like the Chassis is about ready to rattle apart.
Not to rehash to much much but the word from IH is they will offer chrome grille and the like in November.I think that will help. I had heard - rumor only no bashing please - the reason no Boston bumper was being close on front axle weight limts and it would make it too heavy. Could also be the chassis is so new they have not been made yet. I do know Braun "rushed" this one to have in show.
[quote name='nealcraig' timestamp='1309257966' post='445920']

Not to rehash to much much but the word from IH is they will offer chrome grille and the like in November.I think that will help. I had heard - rumor only no bashing please - the reason no Boston bumper was being close on front axle weight limts and it would make it too heavy. Could also be the chassis is so new they have not been made yet. I do know Braun "rushed" this one to have in show.

[/quote]

I think the chrome will make it be a little more pleasing on the eyes. It gives the appearance now of a "plastic" looking truck.
IH should have just bought the GMC/Chevy design when they had the chance. Around me, they were very popular.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I too would like to see it with the usual BEMS front bumper. That might make it look much better.
Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Maybe the Boston EMS push bumper will be installed at the dealer? Per the spec I found online that states, "Delete front bumper (Bidder to furnish and install 18" push bumper")

It specifies to purchase the bumper from AW Direct, I did a search and found that the bumpers go for $1300.00.

Corrections welcome

Aaron
[quote name='firebuff' timestamp='1309564214' post='446422']

Maybe the Boston EMS push bumper will be installed at the dealer? Per the spec I found online that states, "Delete front bumper (Bidder to furnish and install 18" push bumper")

It specifies to purchase the bumper from AW Direct, I did a search and found that the bumpers go for $1300.00.

Corrections welcome

Aaron

[/quote]

I got word today that the bumper was spec'd but not delivered because the manurfacturer has not made one for this new model truck yet.
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
[quote name='fenwayfrankee' timestamp='1309574824' post='446478']

I got word today that the bumper was spec'd but not delivered because the manurfacturer has not made one for this new model truck yet.

[/quote]

Cool, good to know.

Thanks for the info.
I've been assigned to days in the Academy M-F for the past 14 weeks to assist with the new Recruit Class. They hit the streets for their field internship on Sunday, and I started vacation for 2 weeks on Monday. It's gonna be nice to go back to nights, as this was the first time since my academy class in 1996 that I have been on days for an extended time. It's taken it's toll on me, and on Firepics, but I'll get everything back to speed as fast as I can.

I took this on 7/25 outside of BEMS Special Operations. The truck was in for radio work. This is the infamous "Frankentruck" that I referred to earlier in this thread. A 2008 Chassis with a late 2005 or 2006 box, given to us in 2010. The truck spent more time at Fleet Maintenance than in our station due to both mechanical and electrical issues. They have been fixed for the most part, but as the best truck in the fleet at state inspections 3 years in a row, I would hope they give us one of the new Internationals.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
And while going through my phone, I came across this artistic gem from 2/27/11

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
A20 (not sure what truck it used to be) at a fire stand-by on 9/19/11

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net