Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='278406' date='Feb 1 2009, 23:53 ']The thing I liked the most about it was that it gave the Pittsburgh rigs identity. Anyone can have a white/red fleet. We've lost too many "signature" paint schemes, like the Stars & Bars of D.C. and the Baltimore white and orange.[/quote]

Don’t forget the outstanding color that Memphis used for years!!

[color="#FF0000"]Gleaming Red[/color] apparatus with [color="#2E8B57"]Forest Green[/color] running board and diamond plate!!! Beautiful!!!
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Truckman' post='278440' date='Feb 2 2009, 11:35 ']Don’t forget the outstanding color that Memphis used for years!!

[color="#FF0000"]Gleaming Red[/color] apparatus with [color="#2E8B57"]Forest Green[/color] running board and diamond plate!!! Beautiful!!![/quote]

And the original user of Black over Red.... Chicago.
Glad to see that the Steelers pulled it off. I'd love to see the black and gold again. BTW - It was a Buckeye from THE Ohio State University that won the game. The Pirates and/or the Pens need to step up if it is going to be "The City of Champions" again. I was listening to PBF on ScanAmerica last night at the end of the game. It was quiet until the dispatcher announced.. "27 - 23 --- Pittsburgh" Then someone said "Deploying the task forces" and then all hell broke loose...

Even though I grew up in the area... I still don't quite understand the burning furniture thing...
Unfortunately I had to work last night or I was going to venture out to Pittsburgh for the night. I did hear that they manned a number of reserve rigs, and listed them as units in the 40's.
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='269502' date='Dec 30 2008, 09:42 ']The tiller that was sold to Monesson, was 14 truck, It was black over yellow gold like the others. not sure what color it was when purchased. The other truck mentioned, and others were painted Omaha orange. It was a safety color that was used on some Seagrave trucks the city purchased. 18 truck out of Squirell Hill was a straight rear mount stick was a 1978 - 1982 ish. This truck came in with that color as well. The Pierce tiller that was numbered 37 went the Greensburg Truck 2.[/quote]

Does anyone have any shots of the rigs that were painted Omaha orange? Please???????????? for us Baltimore City fans
gravenut,

They have all been posted.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='272134' date='Jan 7 2009, 21:15 ']Truck 51 had a 1973 American La France 100' MM Aerial[/quote]

These ALF Pioneer Mid Mount Aerials, are you sure they are not 85'? My info shows 85' and when you look at the photo of the ALF 900 mid mount, it looks like the exact same 3 section ladder that you have as an 85'. I know I am splitting hairs, but I am just curious. They seem very short for 100'.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='Shoop' post='278627' date='Feb 2 2009, 23:35 ']gravenut,

They have all been posted.[/quote]

ok they looked more red then orange
[quote name='truck1882' post='279738' date='Feb 7 2009, 08:12 ']These ALF Pioneer Mid Mount Aerials, are you sure they are not 85'? My info shows 85' and when you look at the photo of the ALF 900 mid mount, it looks like the exact same 3 section ladder that you have as an 85'. I know I am splitting hairs, but I am just curious. They seem very short for 100'.[/quote]

Truck 51 was an 85' model, purchased in April of 1973.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
What a terrific visual history! These pics are great--some really interesting rigs here!
Quote:These ALF Pioneer Mid Mount Aerials, are you sure they are not 85'? My info shows 85' and when you look at the photo of the ALF 900 mid mount, it looks like the exact same 3 section ladder that you have as an 85'. I know I am splitting hairs, but I am just curious. They seem very short for 100'.

ALF 100' ladders have 4 sections. The ones on the Pioneers are 85'.
This is the closeest you will get to Black and Gold. In SIXBURG

[Image: IMG_0050_1.jpg]
I walked into work and to my surprise i see this sitting in the garage awaiting delivery........its nice to have the KME dealer in town and use the spare bay to house new deliveries

Sorry for the dreaded in house shots

2009 International/KME

MAC 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for posting that. I'm ready for picture season to get here! The Two engines are still set for delivery in April. The Trucks have been pushed back to June/July. That is if they stay on schedule.
the truck is in carnegie's station, who is the KME dealer in town?
Terry Steiner of Steiner Fire is the KME Salesman/Dealer

17 Engine at the Red Bull Inn fire on Shady Ave. on 8/11/88. This was the day of the Western PA Firmens Convention in Universal. This fire went to 4- Alarms
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

8 Engine pulled in the driveway of the Red Bull Inn ahead of 8 Truck.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

8 Truck jackknifed in the driveway with the aerial to the roof.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief