Ford F-550/S&S

?/?

Attached Files Image(s)

ARFF 2

Ford F-550/S&S

?/?

Attached Files Image(s)

Austin, TX Quint 18 in service on the apron undergoing morning checks

2008 Pierce Velocity (currently the first and only Velocity in Austin...)

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Austin Engine 22 (Note the longhorns on the front grill)

Seth Granville
Austin FD has been retrofitting some of the frontline apparatus without rear chevrons with "Scene Dots"

Seth Granville
Interesting choice of lighting package on the Velocity.....mini Tomars instead of the increasingly popular LED.

Very nice looking rig, as well.
[quote name='AndyC3J' post='257463' date='Oct 29 2008, 19:58 ']Interesting choice of lighting package on the Velocity.....mini Tomars instead of the increasingly popular LED.

Very nice looking rig, as well.[/quote]

Tomars are really popular down here. Many of the newer ones are LED, or LED and strobe. They are BRIGHT, and definetly stand out in strong sun. I think AFD went Whelen for a few years, and now seems to be making the return to Tomar.

The PD just switched from the traditional "Tomar" bar to a Tomar Lo-profile LED bar that looks like every other one out there.
Seth Granville
[quote name='TacSupport1' post='257412' date='Oct 29 2008, 15:43 ']Austin FD has been retrofitting some of the frontline apparatus without rear chevrons with "Scene Dots"

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=39717][/quote]

I'd like to find out how much they paid to have that done.

I did it to our Rescue Engine for no charge. Granted it's white/red reflective versus lime/red
They finally got new longhorns for E22. Now the question is how long will these last. lol

[quote name='TacSupport1' post='257410' date='Oct 29 2008, 14:40 ']Austin Engine 22 (Note the longhorns on the front grill)

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=39716][/quote]
[quote name='Rescue29Engine23' post='257479' date='Oct 29 2008, 21:24 ']I'd like to find out how much they paid to have that done.

I did it to our Rescue Engine for no charge. Granted it's white/red reflective versus lime/red[/quote]

our shops did it on reserve pieces. the in service pieces were done by the duty crew lucky enough to be there that day. I think it has only been the quality Engines done so far the early quantums haven't been done yet at the stations I have been to neither have the aerials.
[quote name='A/TCEMSPM' post='257524' date='Oct 30 2008, 10:28 ']our shops did it on reserve pieces. the in service pieces were done by the duty crew lucky enough to be there that day. I think it has only been the quality Engines done so far the early quantums haven't been done yet at the stations I have been to neither have the aerials.[/quote]

I did see it on one of the older Quality aerials. Also, someone had mentioned that they have ordered the (retrofit) rear chevrons for the Pierces from Pierce, but that's secondhand information.
Seth Granville
Austin FD Ladder 8

Seth Granville
Here's Quint 27's Quantum with the "Scene Dots"...

Seth Granville
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport

ARFF 2

Seth Granville
I think I like the scene dots better than actual painted chevrons...
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport

Austin Fire Department

ARFF-6

Seth Granville
Austin FD Spare Rescue 59 ACTING Rescue 28

Freightliner/Saulsbury

Photo by me, x635Photos.com
Seth Granville
Austin FD Engine LBJ

Seth Granville
Good stuff but you know someone is going to ask...so it'll be me. What is the LBJ Engine Co.?

And what is the word on the street about the new Fire Chief in Austin?

Thanks.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com