Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
Lava NY ( Sullivan County ) 1948 Ford - 500gpm

Attached Files Image(s)

Port Jervis NY - Neversink Engine Company - 1921 American La France

Attached Files Image(s)

Neversink's old single bay firehouse shared the same building with the Maghogomock H&L. Today it is the Port Jervis Fire Museum, something I reccomend to anyone having the chance to visit.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[quote name='b9208' timestamp='1296314054' post='422596']

John, Where in Syracuse will the 2011 event be held? It looks like the event runs Wed Aug 3 through Saturday Aug 6...which day(s) has the most on display or pumping?

Thanks,

Gary

[/quote]

The actual muster itself will be on the Saturday of that week. The four day period is the entirety of SPAAMFAA's national summer convention. The muster site will likely be a park in Liverpool (drawing a blank on the actual name....sorry!). The above shot was taken at a site in Syracuse on the Friday before. Not sure if that will repeat this time, or if that was a special thing as it was the 50th Anniversary.
[quote name='AndyC3J' timestamp='1296372300' post='422746']

The actual muster itself will be on the Saturday of that week. The four day period is the entirety of SPAAMFAA's national summer convention. The muster site will likely be a park in Liverpool (drawing a blank on the actual name....sorry!). The above shot was taken at a site in Syracuse on the Friday before. Not sure if that will repeat this time, or if that was a special thing as it was the 50th Anniversary.

[/quote]

The site will be the same as in past years. More info to come.............
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
St. Paul Boulevard Fire District

Irondequoit, New York

Engine 2, 1948 Mack

This engine's twin, Engine 3, crashed on the way to a false alarm on Good Friday, 1960 and overturned. The driver and officer were killed and four firefighters on the tailboard were all seriously injured.

Attached Files Image(s)

Irondequoit, New York

1962 Young Maxim Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Irondequoit, New York

1976 Ford Young Ladder Commander, 65 foot Quint

Attached Files Image(s)

Irondequoit, New York

1957 Young / Maxim

Truck 15 / Quad 155

Attached Files Image(s)

Irondequoit, New York

1968 Young / Crusader / Snorkel 85 FT

Snorkel 8 / Snorkel 158

The last manual transmission, gasoline powered vehicle purchased by St. Paul

Attached Files Image(s)

Irondequoit, New York

1976 Young / Ford C -Series Engine

Engine 157 / Engine 152

Attached Files Image(s)

Irondequoit, New York

1983 Steeldraulics

Engine 152 / Engine 154

Attached Files Image(s)

Removed from service today. Shaker Road-Loudonville Fire Department (Albany County, NY) 1993 Saulsbury Medium Duty Rescue. This truck along with a 1996 and 1998 Pierce Saber engines are being replace with 2 KME rescue pumpers. I was Lt and Capt. of this truck for 6 years. Caught a lot of work it with. It's a sad day to see it go.    
SRLFD Rescue 9 and E448. Removed from service and replace by '11 KME Rescue pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' timestamp='1296270053' post='422557']

Here it is at the 2008 SPAAMFAA Muster in Syracuse, NY. It will most likely be making another appearance in 2011 when Syracuse hosts the national muster again.

[/quote]

The old Girl Looks Great!!! You can still Barely see the original gold leaf on the hood that still said "Seaford" Thanks!!
[quote name='chucksteak' timestamp='1296310128' post='422591']

I would love to see more pictures of Cortez Rescues run in Nassau County if they are out there.

[/quote]

I am sure there are some out there, I know, besides Seaford: Oceanside, Baldwin, Levittown also had them. I know Baldwin had a pic of theres on there web site, I don't recall if the pic was still there.
NY Franklin Square & Munson 1930 Mack 70 BC S 81300 1-BC6S3001
NY Franklin Square & Munson 1930 Mack 70 BC S 81300 1-BC6S3001
NY Seaford 1932 Mack 50 BG #1056
NY Seaford 1932 Mack 50 BG #1056