Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pennsylvania Fire/EMS Apparatus
Engine98, excellent photos and unique trucks. Thanks for posting.

Mike Sanders
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Thank you!!

The Fort Washington Volunteer Fire Company of Montgomery County used to run this refurbed 1971 CF Mack/Baker 75' Tower Ladder. 

Attached Files Image(s)

The Westwood Volunteer Fire Company of Chester County used to run this refurbed 1979 Ford/Bruco 1250/2200 Tanker/Pumper.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm not a big fan of Ford C Models, but this thing is Sweet

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:The Fort Washington Volunteer Fire Company of Montgomery County used to run this refurbed 1971 CF Mack/Baker 75' Tower Ladder. 
1990 refurb by RD Murray.
Quote:The Narberth Volunteer Fire Company of Montgomery County used to run this 1972 Imperial/Grove 100' Ladder Truck.

Is that the ladder truck that failed at a big fire about 10-15 years ago? I remembering seeing the incident on my buff pager...
I'm down with:

IAFF, IFPA, APCO, NAED, ARRL
Quote: 

Is that the ladder truck that failed at a big fire about 10-15 years ago? I remembering seeing the incident on my buff pager...
Sure is!!
The Chalfont Volunteer Fire Company of Bucks County still maintains this 1955 B Mack 750/500 Engine. It was restored by Swab in 2004. This shot is pre restoration.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Milford Township Volunteer Fire Company of Bucks County runs this 1995 Emergency One 1500/750 Engine.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Parksburg Volunteer Fire Company of Chester County used to run this 1972 CF Mack 1000/500/55' Telesqurt.

Attached Files Image(s)

Phoenixville Volunteer Fire Department of Chester County used to run this 1991 Emergency One 110' Ladder Truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Bon Air Volunteer Fire Company of Delaware County used to run this 1989 Ford/Reading Special Service Unit.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Collingdale Volunteer Fire Company #06 still runs this 1981 Hahn 1500/500 Engine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:The Westwood Volunteer Fire Company of Chester County used to run this refurbed 1979 Ford/Bruco 1250/2200 Tanker/Pumper.

You don't often see a Ford C with the cab integrated into the body, although there are a few out there. I've always wondered how crews did their morning checks, and how the trucks were serviced since the cabs originally tilted. I'm guessing a dog house inside the body?
Aaron Woods
Quote:You don't often see a Ford C with the cab integrated into the body, although there are a few out there. I've always wondered how crews did their morning checks, and how the trucks were serviced since the cabs originally tilted. I'm guessing a dog house inside the body?
I believe the cab still tilts on this one, there is just more cab.
Quote:Does that make it a Rescue engine?
No, It does not make it a Rescue Engine. There are actually a lot of these type Rescue Squads out there. They usually carry a smaller pump and a minimum amount of water. The reason is if that is the only unit that gets out on the call, or they are on the scene by themselves for a fair amount of time, then they have some water to take care or knock down a car fire, etc... These units do not normally carry enough supply hose or attack lines to be considered a Rescue Engine, thus most call it a Wet Rescue Squad. 

If you would like to see more, check into Companies is Southern Maryland. I know that there are a few there. In addition the New Market VFC in Frederick County is on the process of placing into service a Rescue Squad (From Hollywood MD VFC) that is set up this way.

Hope this helps.
<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: times new roman,times,serif'><em class='bbc'>Brent Harne</em></span></strong>

Career Captain - Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, Leesburg Va. - Engine Co. 6

Fire Chief - Middletown Volunteer Fire Company #7, Middletown Md.
4-Guys

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Quote:I believe the cab still tilts on this one, there is just more cab.
Wow, that is a lot of extra cab although I guess probably no more than we see on engines these days.
Aaron Woods
The Westwood Volunteer Fire Company of Chester County used to run this 1985 Ford/Bruco 1000/750 Engine.

Attached Files Image(s)