Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince George's County MD
No Morningside or Berwyn Heights either.
I see how it is MdModeler couldn't even post of pic of my fire truck. It was the 69 Ward carrying the president of the association. I'm cryin inside. lol
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
[quote name='Chasselber1' post='151015' date='Sep 24 2007, 20:51 ']I see how it is MdModeler couldn't even post of pic of my fire truck. It was the 69 Ward carrying the president of the association. I'm cryin inside. lol[/quote]

That piece is a true classic.

The reason I have not posted it yet is because my top notch piece of crap digital camera was not having a great morning,however,my wife took pictures using the 35mm Nikon and as soon as they are picked up,I promise a post your classic well traveled engine!The pictures she took will probably look better than what I have posted so far,It also took terrible pics of 25's '67 Ford,the Kenworth and a few others that were not worth posting

Also,a question for you...did this parade seem very small to you?In my 23 years of being in it or taking pictures of it,I think this was the smallest yet,lots of no shows.
It was kinda small but a better turn out than last year. I know alot of northside companies weren't their, mine wasn't. Not alot of classics either. Maybe next year will be better since I hear it is suppose to be up on the northside. Did you get any shots of the hook-up compitions? Branchville nearly slid the *** end of E113 into the hydrant, Forestville slid the Ford a good bit and were only about a foot or two from being inline to make the connection, I was runnin wit Clinton and the ABS system stopped us nearly right on the spot. It was some good fun.
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Kentland VFD in Prince George's County MD had a rally to protest the Fire Chief restricting Kentland to their first due until they agreed to run a volunteer ambo. Yes, you got that right. If Kentland was second due to a structure fire or an MVA, they were not coming and you had to wait til the third due got there.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think that is a Pierce. I think they have a Seagrave on order.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those Kentland guys can throw a party! Burgers, hot dogs, brownies. A good time. And I needto stop back and get a t shirt with the rigs on them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Many don't know but Kentland has a second station. 46

Attached Files Image(s)

So why wouldn't Kentland want to run an ambo? Well,you can't make them provide a service they don't want to provide. Plus the education requirements and recertification requirements make it difficult to put forth the time and the money to be certified. Also when you are out running calls on the ambo all night, it sucks to have to go to work the next morning. The engine has much less calls and yes, Kentland is 100% volunteer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Chief

Attached Files Image(s)

The old chief's car

Attached Files Image(s)

Some group shots

Attached Files Image(s)

More

Attached Files Image(s)

This is their mini pumper. They run medicals in their first due with this. If they had an ambo, they would be running County wide with it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Kentland Rescue Engine. Code 3 made this piece

Attached Files Image(s)

yes all the rigs have little sayings on them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Last of the rescue engine. You may ask was anyone hurt while Kentland was penned in and the answer sadly was yes. It was an MVA w/ trap and ifthese guys could have responded MAYBE it would not have been a fatal.

Attached Files Image(s)

They really like this Seagrave.

Oh, this is Johnb's outfit

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmmm HMMMMM HMMMM quite a few watching this thread

Attached Files Image(s)

They really like the Seagrave.

Attached Files Image(s)