Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
These photos were taken at the 3rd alarm in Newburyport on October 21st 2006, these are some of the apparatus that responded. I will post more photos of the incident on my website this week.

11 Engines, 3 Ladders and several chiefs and support units responded so there were plenty of photo opportunites.

Salisbury Engine 201, 2006 E\-One Typhoon 1500/750/30F.

Rowley Engine 4, 1987 Hahn 1500/1000.

Newburyport Engine 7, 1968 Pirsch 1250/750.

[quote name='GA_Dave' post='43496' date='Oct 13 2006, 22:28 ']That's correct, Jack. As far as I know, that's the only low-profile Arrow cab that Pierce ever built.[/quote]

I don't believe this was built this way at the Pierce factory. I believe the cab was modified by EJ Murphy.

J
[quote name='fyrfoto' post='45581' date='Oct 22 2006, 02:25 ']I don't believe this was built this way at the Pierce factory. I believe the cab was modified by EJ Murphy.

J[/quote]

While I can't confirm nor deny this, I will say that this is more involved than just chopping a section out of the cab. This cab sits lower on the frame than normal. If this rig was built with a standard cab, then the aerial cradle has been lowered as well. If you compare this rig to a standard Arrow rearmount, you'll see that the turntable sits lower on the rig as well. The upper rear compartments on the side are smaller in height. This seems like a major undertaking for a dealer to rebuild, especially on a new rig and the rig appears in it's current form in the May-June, 1996 issue of FAJ. Everett's website shows it to be a 1996 model. Anyone know for sure?
Beverly

Ladder 1 (in service this day,a rare treat)

1988 E\-One 110' RMA

Attached Files Image(s)

Beverly

Engine 5

1996 E\-One 75' RMA Quint

Attached Files Image(s)

Another photo of Beverly's Engine 5

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='fyrfoto' post='45581' date='Oct 22 2006, 02:25 ']I don't believe this was built this way at the Pierce factory. I believe the cab was modified by EJ Murphy.

J[/quote]

I can say that the Everett Truck with the low profile cab was done at the factory, The Sales

Rep at the time for Pierce at that time, Bill Daley, said they reconfigured the operation's for

making the cab while they had a slow period at the factory in Wisconson.

Jimmy
J Daly

Photographer

Saugus FAO#3

CityWide Car142

June 24tth "Old School Scans" inside of On The Job - Salem- Lynn-Boston-airplane-helo's

Web Site

[url="http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/"]http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/[/url]
Two Chelsea rigs....

First up is Chelsea C1- the chief's SUV alongside one of the new K or H cars(not yet marked).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chelsea's Special Operations truck, a Grumman Olsen van.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attleboro MA former Ladder 1 1987 Maxim 100 ft tiller, recently disposed of.

Enjoy

Attached Files Image(s)

Attleboro, MA Ladder 2 1990 Pierce 105 ft Rear mount

Enjoy!

Attached Files Image(s)

Barstable Airport on Cape Cod operates Unit 817 a 2006 E\-One Titan HPH ARFF unit equipped with a 1500 gpm pump, 1500 gal tank, 200 gals AFFF, 450 lbs Purple K agent

Attached Files Image(s)

Braintree Mass south of Boston operates this neat looking Seagrave RMA as Ladder 1. It is a 1992 model and has a 100 ft aerial.

Enjoy

Attached Files Image(s)

Canton, MA operates a 2005 E\-One Typhoon as Engine Company 2

Enjoy

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are few photos I had on my website to help get things started. Hopefully we'll see some more interesting stuff posted.

First off, the twin Ford's, both 1986 Ford/E-Ones 1250/500 with their cabs tilted being serviced at Central Fire Station.

Ladder 1 a 1988 E\-One 110 footer.

Engine 1's 2001 KME 1250/750 at the open house this year.

Beverly Engine 3, a 2005 American La France at a 2nd alarm on Lovett Street last night.