Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
Another angle....

On a related note, I have heard of a WWII era Buffalo for sale. Not official, but the dept lost interest.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Quote:Here's another Young Crusader, one of the last still in service. This is a 1968 Young Crusader from the Kenilworth fire company, Tonawanda, NY. Designated Engine 3 this truck is being replaced by next year. Kenilworth is keeping this truck and will use it as their parade truck.
Driving south on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie, NY today, and saw it in my mirror.  Here is cell phone shot(in my side mirror, while at a traffic light).  Would love to shoot it posed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Driving south on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie, NY today, and saw it in my mirror.  Here is cell phone shot(in my side mirror, while at a traffic light).  Would love to shoot it posed

I can arrange that...
So if it's in Poughkeepsie, Kenilworth didn't keep it as an antique I guess? 

Quote:So if it's in Poughkeepsie, Kenilworth didn't keep it as an antique I guess? 

Correct, sold to private owner.
Yeah- the guy who bought it is a complete dick and doesn't appreciate anything about the fire service either- I'm sure he would be very apprehensive to have anyone, especially firefighters, take photos of this truck. He also doesn't like hamburgers, promiscuous women, and has very little appreciation for a fine scotch. 

Rumor has it he is taking off the pump and hosebed and will be putting on an old ambulance box. 

FF - JH Ketcham Hose Co, Dover Plains, NY 36 Truck

FAO - City of Poughkeepsie

FTM - PTB - KTF
Quote:Rumor has it he is taking off the pump and hosebed and will be putting on an old ambulance box. 

Rolleyes That's iceworld right there- but rest assured Elsa of Empress- that when 36-miniquint's water breaks and it finally turns into a real truck I'll be right there with my Young ambulance to congratulate you. 

Anyhow- here's some Thanksgiving eye candy thanks to Bill Johnson. One of these days I'll get around to telling the amazing story of the past few months I've owned this cherry girl. The following pictures were just after I purchased her- but rest assured that she's FULLY outfitted and then some.. vintage extrication tools and all (Sorry no band-aids). She's tucked in over at New Hackensack for a long winter's nap- but she'll be making the muster circuit next year. As a matter of fact a few of us are already trying to coordinate a trip to Pump Primers next year.

Everyone please have a happy and healthy thanksgiving and welcome to the holiday season.. god knows I'll be dropping some coin for the old lady tomorrow after the events of the past few months (mainly secondary to the object pictured below).

[Image: billj7.jpg]

[Image: billj12.jpg]

[Image: i-L6kzNS2.jpg]

[Image: billj14-001.jpg]
She's a beaut Brother...no doubt about that

FF - JH Ketcham Hose Co, Dover Plains, NY 36 Truck

FAO - City of Poughkeepsie

FTM - PTB - KTF
Quote: 

She's tucked in over at New Hackensack for a long winter's nap- but she'll be making the muster circuit next year.
 Hopefully that means Syracuse for the SPAAMFAA National this coming summer! 
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Quote:This 198? E-One Quint formerly served the City of Rochester,NY FD as Quint-7 before being sent to it's new home in Aurelius,NY. As far as I know this Quint still runs in front line service with the Aurelius FD to this day. (Note to self road trip to southern Cayuga County this spring, LOL)
this truck was a 1985 that ran as quint 1 till 98 when they recieved the cyclone 2 quint
Quote:Livingston Manor 1984 Pierce Dash

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PUMP AND TANK SIZE TO THIS.
Quote:Troy Firehouse with a Spartan? and an old Maxim, would love to see these out of the bays. Credit to photographer....
THAT IS THE OLD TROY FD CENTRAL STATION AND THE SPARTAN IS THE OLD RSQ AND THE MAXIM IS OLD ENGINE 5
   Over the years, I have photographed several apparatus from New York State that I lack information for.  In most cases, I am lacking the year of manufacture, but in some it may be things such as builder and/or pump/tank capacities.  Over the next few weeks, I will be posting them here, in hopes that someone might be able to fill in my blanks.  Thanks to everyone who pitches in!

I'll begin with this Ford C heavy rescue from the West Falls FD in Colden, NY, shot many years ago in a parade.  I need the year and body builder.

Attached Files Image(s)

Doyle Hose Company #1 in Cheektowaga, NY once ran this Ford F-350/McCoy Miller as Rescue 7-1.  I just need the year on this one.

Attached Files Image(s)

This White/E-One heavy rescue once responded as Rescue 1 in Fairmount, NY.  I need the year of this one as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairmount also ran this 1250 GPM Hendrickson 1871C/Sanford pumper as Engine 6.  In addition to the year, I need the tank size.

Attached Files Image(s)

I am also looking for the year of Elbridge, NY's Ford C/Saulsbury 0/1500 Tanker 3.

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 4502 in Gates, NY was once assigned this 1000 GPM Ford C/Sanford pumper.  I need the year and tank size.

Attached Files Image(s)