Tower 331, Toronto, Ontario

Mack MR/Anderson/Bronto Skylift 27-3

1250/0/92'

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 3, Marietta, GA

Mack MC/American LaFrance 900 Series

1000/500

This one is interesting.  A Mack MC was used to retractor an older Raleigh, NC American LaFrance TDA.  When built, it had completely open jumpseats, but was modified later to a canopy style jumpseat.  After years of service at Raleigh Truck 16, it was sold to nearby Wendell, NC.

Ladder 116, Wendell, NC

Mack MC/American LaFrance

100'

Engine 26-2, Townsend, DE

Mack MC/Pierce

1250/1000

Quote:Jeff, I only saw this once at Bedington, did you and/or the McLaughlins ever shoot it there?

Interestingly, it seems to have the light bar from the 1969 x-FFX-City Pirsch, which Bedington also had for awhile.
Warren,

No, the few times I visited Bedington, it was not there.
Quote:This one is interesting.  A Mack MC was used to retractor an older Raleigh, NC American LaFrance TDA.  When built, it had completely open jumpseats, but was modified later to a canopy style jumpseat.  After years of service at Raleigh Truck 16, it was sold to nearby Wendell, NC.

Ladder 116, Wendell, NC

Mack MC/American LaFrance

100'
This one later went to Civietown VFD in Brunswick Co,NC. Unsure where it went after that.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Quote:Ladder 1, Mint Hill, NC

Mack MC/Grumman

1000/500/75' Telesqurt

Now at New Salem FD in Union Co,NC.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Quote:Now at New Salem FD in Union Co,NC.
Geez Micah; you beat me to it! Yes, and it now has a fully rebuilt hydraulic system as well. Unrelated, I did some electrical work at Jackson VFD, Union County today, and saw Newell's ex Spartan Smeal engine. Looks good, I forgot they ended up with that.  Stirpot  TJ
Quote:Geez Micah; you beat me to it! Yes, and it now has a fully rebuilt hydraulic system as well. Unrelated, I did some electrical work at Jackson VFD, Union County today, and saw Newell's ex Spartan Smeal engine. Looks good, I forgot they ended up with that.  Stirpot  TJ

Haha, sorry. I got a chance to see our old engine a few weekends ago; looked and sounded just like I remembered! I hope it serves Jackson as well as it served Newell.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Quote:Engine 3, Marietta, GA

1000/500

Do you know what the thing above the windshield is? It kind of looks like an AC unit, but an odd location and a rather rare option before fully enclosed cabs.
Aaron Woods
Quote:Do you know what the thing above the windshield is? It kind of looks like an AC unit, but an odd location and a rather rare option before fully enclosed cabs.
There is a lot of glare, but I believe it is a light bar installed in that position to clear a bay door that has a low clearance.

Quote:Do you know what the thing above the windshield is? It kind of looks like an AC unit, but an odd location and a rather rare option before fully enclosed cabs.

Quote:There is a lot of glare, but I believe it is a light bar installed in that position to clear a bay door that has a low clearance.
Yes, there is a lot of glare on that shot.  It was taken in the 1985-1986 timeframe, with an old 110 camera.  Not my best shot, but I never saw that rig again, either.  Hondok is correct, that is a Federal Twinsonic, mounted low to clear the station doorway.
Quote:Engine 3, Marietta, GA

1000/500
Love the Federal Q2b siren mounting. What was the reasoning behind remounting the body? Thanks neat photos Rick 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:Love the Federal Q2b siren mounting. What was the reasoning behind remounting the body? Thanks neat photos Rick 
The Mack chassis was early 1980's, the ALF 900 was early 1960's.  The original was worn out, I would assume.  Marietta had two of these rigs, but I only shot this one.  Nearby Smyrna also had one, but it wasn't one I planned to post.
Tanker 26, Townsend, DE

Mack MC/Pierce

1250/3000

Engine 5, Brighton FD, Tonawanda, NY

Mack MC/Pierce

1250/500

Engine 1, Parkview FD, Sharpsburg, PA

Mack MC/Pierce

1000/750