Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appleton trip April 24
There were a few of these large tankers going to PDVSA. They had different body styles. I saw two with this configuration.

Attached Files Image(s)

Newport, PA is getting this well designed engine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Iowa City was doing their final on this PUC

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 1 from La Porte is this Dash CF. This was on display at FDIC.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hampton, VA will be accepting this PUC Ladder going to Ladder 9.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ellettsville, IN conducted their final inspection on this Freightliner/Encore. This was sitting next to our rig. What a difference! This little guy packs a lot of punch as it has a pump and tank, cascade system and large rear HRT compartment.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mount Horeb is about to receive this Peterbilt. The paint on this unit is stunning to say the least.

Attached Files Image(s)

One more....

Attached Files Image(s)

North Charleston was conducting finals on two engines and a mid-mount tower. All are on Arrow XT cab and chasis. Here is Engine 202.

Attached Files Image(s)

I actually caught this one being staged for the new delivery photo for the Pierce website. This one is heading to Engine 205.

Attached Files Image(s)

East Rivanna, VA Engine 21 is this beautiful Velocity PUC. I tried to get a better pic outside but things were happening too quickly and trying to grab shots while conducting our own inspection didn't make for great photo ops!

Attached Files Image(s)

And the reason why I was at Pierce was to conduct the final inspection on our new Arrow XT heavy rescue. We are very pleased with the construction and how this unit turned out. It's amazing to see your specifications go from thoughts, to paper, to drawings, to construction and finally the completed project. This is hands down the best designed rig our apparatus committee has done to date. I can't wait until she is home so we can get her outfitted and complete our training on it. Our target date for in service is the first of July.  

Attached Files Image(s)

Ellettsville is in Indiana and North Charleston is in South Carolina.  Good stuff!  Thanks for posting them.
Thanks Dave! I thought the guys from Ellettsville told me they were in Illinois.

Quote:One of the Baltimore Tillers, awaiting its aerial

So they're getting them from Rosenbauer AND Pierce?  I noticed something about the Hampton rigs (Engine and Ladder) full front hubcaps, instead of the cut outs for the oil reservoir!

Ellettsville also just left the Florida plant yesterday with their new Saber Engine. Funny, half must have went to Wis. and the other half went to Fla.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Baltimore City is getting the Pierce aerials. Baltimore County is getting Rosenbauer. Two different departments. We also put full front hubs on ours as well. It's not a problem to pop them off to check the fluid level.

I was out at Pierce last week so it could have been the same group. They were very friendly.

Quote:This Global Stryker is heading to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Would any one happen to know where this will be assigned as a Crash Unit........National or Dulles?
Trey White
Any idea what unit number the tower is in North Charleston? Also, cool to see a new style striker coming to a department not so far away from me. Lol. Thanks for posting.
Quote:Baltimore City is getting the Pierce aerials. Baltimore County is getting Rosenbauer. Two different departments. We also put full front hubs on ours as well. It's not a problem to pop them off to check the fluid level.

I was out at Pierce last week so it could have been the same group. They were very friendly.

Good call, I should have looked at my pictures and I would have realized Balt. Co. got the Rosenbauers!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
That would be Indiana. just west of Bloomington.

Thanks Dave! I thought the guys from Ellettsville told me they were in Illinois.[/quote]