Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
Another shot of R-1 from fire ground on Wednesday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pumper ad:

Quote:Here's the ad with some info on the truck. (Ed, am I allowed to post this?).......

I'm gonna say yes, as it's free advertising for Ferrara and Neville and I don't see them claiming an infringement.  If they do, I'll address it.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
The reassigned new Ferrara:

http://youtu.be/wnzHjS1_GYU

We're in process of Spec'ing out a new Rearmount for L-74 possibly Ferrara w/Inferno cab I hear.
Pic of E-303 & TL-71 new Ferrara's at the Projects today:

Attached Files Image(s)

http://youtu.be/TRIn45JIcRw
Now that E-304 is running the re-assigned Ferrara, what is E-313 currently using?

Quote:Now that E-304 is running the re-assigned Ferrara, what is E-313 currently using?

They have been given a spare 2002 ALF ExE-309 for now. Their old rig was involved in a serious accident with a mini-bus, probably gonna be Dx'd.

Attached Files Image(s)

HazMat Support Unit:

Thank you for the info. I thought E313 ALF was wrecked, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Quote:Thank you for the info. I thought E313 ALF was wrecked, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Yes, I think the frame may be bent. Plans in the works for 4-More pumpers, New Rearmount and a new Tower Ladder. The ALFs are now falling apart, with parts hard to get. The Shop is always full and busy.
I have what may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway...what parts are hard to get on the ALF's?  Aren't most major components sourced from other companies, such as Cummins, Waterous, Allison, etc.?   I can see things like windshields, grilles, fiberglass nose pieces, etc hard to come by, but a good shop should be able to come up with something or "kit-bash" it together.  I have heard other departments having the same parts issues, so inquiring minds want to know!  Thanks in advance.

Quote:I have what may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway...what parts are hard to get on the ALF's?  Aren't most major components sourced from other companies, such as Cummins, Waterous, Allison, etc.?   I can see things like windshields, grilles, fiberglass nose pieces, etc hard to come by, but a good shop should be able to come up with something or "kit-bash" it together.  I have heard other departments having the same parts issues, so inquiring minds want to know!  Thanks in advance.

Yes, those parts you speak of. When they repaired our spare Rescue (ALF was still alive) it took forever to get a grille, headlight bezels etc. Also know of another instance where it took long long time to get a door to replace a wrecked one.....Our mechanics (City employed full time YFD mechs) do a great job, but have complained on availability of certain parts.
>

http://youtu.be/D0p0mUsfyz4
The 1961 rig. John Bendick photo (w/permission)

WHT a nice looking rig.
E-304. The 2 Ferraras had 'Yonkers' lettering added to the grills.

E-303.

What's the general consensus on the new Ferraras so far?