Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crown Firecoaches
Dano !
Former LA County Crown Pumpers now in service with a local school district for their Fire Science program.  

F1864 - ex-Asuza & LACoFD (1982)

F1816 -Hawthorne & LACoFD (1979)

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Seen previously in the thread, but a current photo of Montvale, NJ's wide cab Crown pumper.

I passed this rig on way home from Shore today at a rollover accident. It looked sharp!
Crown at Huntington State Beach Ca. No info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Crown at Huntington State Beach Ca. No info.
F1838

1980 Crown Pumper

ex-San Marcos, CA FD

In private ownership

Note:  Delivered white with a yellow/green stripe down the side.  Also had some stainless body components around the pump panel not done on any other Crown.
Quote:F1838

1980 Crown Pumper

ex-San Marcos, CA FD

In private ownership

Note:  Delivered white with a yellow/green stripe down the side.  Also had some stainless body components around the pump panel not done on any other Crown.
Thanks for the info
This is the same photo that I have on my profile.  It was the only Crown Snorkel built on the wide cab chassis.  This truck has been "lost" for years, until this week when it was found going up for auction at a county fire department in TN.  Oh, to have the space and money for this one of a kind Crown.

Photo Credit:  Hardin County TN FD - District 3

This truck has body work by Pierce

Crown F1808

Former Avalon, CA

Photo Credit: Marc Johnson

I recently acquired this truck.  Photo taken during some PM work to get her back in shape after being neglected a bit by a subscription FD in SE Arizona.

Attached Files Image(s)

I found this while looking for some other pics in my archives. I have no history on the rig but recall taking the pic about a dozen years ago on the pier where the USS Missouri is tied up at Pearl Harbor.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:I found this while looking for some other pics in my archives. I have no history on the rig but recall taking the pic about a dozen years ago on the pier where the USS Missouri is tied up at Pearl Harbor.

It is one of the former Honolulu engines.  A couple of them were purchased by this outfit and large spot lights were mounted on them
1979/1980 Crown Pumper

F1808 

Ex-Avalon, CA

Now Privately Owned

Attached Files Image(s)

Anybody have a history of Crown F1672?
Quote:Anybody have a history of Crown F1672?
Original owner was Orange, CA.
Here is Crown F1672 in storage.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hall of Flame, by chance?
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:Hall of Flame, by chance?
Yep
Quote:Yep
Here's some info from the Crown is King site... It was privately owned, then donated I believe to the Hall of Flame.

http://www.crownisking.org/cporange1.html
Thank you for sharing!
I saw this Crown in Sun CIty AZ. Any Info?