Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loudoun County,Va.
[quote name='Shoop' date='28 October 2009 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1256759034' post='345010']

Ian,

Did they tell you guys when they are expecting to deliver them?? I have mine ordered already. I can't wait to get it.

[/quote]

We're expecting them in January, 2010...
Recent new delivery at Sterling is Engine 618, a 2009 KME Predator 1500/750 with s/n GSO 7580. This replaced Sterling's 1995 Spartan/Saulsbury engine that is now in service in Bakerton, West Virginia.

The KME is not yet in service.....I would estimate a couple of weeks.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
and the officers side of Engine 618.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='Ian Buchanan' date='28 October 2009 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1256752904' post='345006']

Anyone interested in a 1:50 scale model of Loudoun County Truck 601 (2007 Seagrave Marauder II Tractor Drawn Aerial), check out our website. The model is being made by TWH Collectibles.

[url="http://www.leesburgfire.org"]Leesburg Volunteer Fire Company[/url]

[/quote]

THW does nice stuff. I am sure it will be a nice model. I have the MWAA Striker. It looks great on my desk.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='mnsand' date='18 December 2009 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1261184451' post='353096']

and the officers side of Engine 618.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

[/quote]

Nice shots, thanks.

All of the "keep mechanics employed" aside, KME has put together some well designed and laid out rigs over the last couple of years.

Anyone have any hose bed shots of this beast?
[quote name='WAGONMAN' date='19 December 2009 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1261228082' post='353163']

Nice shots, thanks.

All of the "keep mechanics employed" aside, KME has put together some well designed and laid out rigs over the last couple of years.

Anyone have any hose bed shots of this beast?

[/quote]

Ask and thou shall receive: http://antietamfireapparatus.com/images/...index.html Its a complete slide show of the rig.
[quote name='engine602tower' date='19 December 2009 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1261259989' post='353266']

Ask and thou shall receive: http://antietamfireapparatus.com/images/...index.html Its a complete slide show of the rig.

[/quote]

Thanks, I'm still looking for one with the cover up.
Unfortunately the "Units in Production" area of the site no longer shows engine 18 progression which had a shot or two of the hose bed uncovered. SVFD did a great job specing this unit from my perspective.
[quote name='engine602tower' date='20 December 2009 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1261325175' post='353349']

Unfortunately the "Units in Production" area of the site no longer shows engine 18 progression which had a shot or two of the hose bed uncovered. SVFD did a great job specing this unit from my perspective.

[/quote]

Thanks, I've seen the drawings.
What will happen to the current Engine 618?
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
The 2004 Pierce I believe, I know they had two of those
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
[quote name='jshippey' date='21 December 2009 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1261445502' post='353539']

The 2004 Pierce I believe, I know they had two of those

[/quote]

Engine 618 was the 2004 Pierce Lance 1500/1250. With the delivery of the 2009 KME, the Pierce Lance is now designated "Tanker 618".

Sterling also runs as Engine 611 a 2004 Pierce Lance 1500/750.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Thanks Mike. Another question this one regarding Sterling Rescue. Are there any plans to replace the heavy rescue they operate?
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
[quote name='jshippey' date='22 December 2009 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1261492255' post='353590']

Thanks Mike. Another question this one regarding Sterling Rescue. Are there any plans to replace the heavy rescue they operate?

[/quote]

The 1990 Duplex/Saulsbury currently operating as R615 will be replaced shortly. Sterling VRS is scheduled to receive in the January time frame a 2010 Spartan Gladiator/SVI heavy squad. I am assuming the Duplex/Saulsbury will be sold.

Mike Sanders
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
I was asked to post a photograph of the current Squad 615 at Sterling VRS. Before posting that, I will provide a little history on the "heavy squads" run by Sterling VRS.

Sterling VRS was organized in 1964. The department's first larger squad was "Sterling 1", a 1969 GMC/Swab with a 14' squad body. It was sold in approximately 1973 to the Stafford County, Virginia Sheriff's Department where it was repainted brown and used as a SWAT truck.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Here is the 1969 GMC/Swab at Stafford County as a SWAT truck.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The 1969 GMC was replaced with this 1973 Brockway/Swab, which had a 17' squad body. Originally painted green and white, it was later repainted to this color.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The Brockway/Swab was rehabed in 1981 with a new cab (I believe due to an accident) with this unusual Ford CL9000 cab attached to the Swab box. This truck was later sold to Keplinger Repair Service in Winchester where it was used as a service truck and repainted red and white. I saw it several years ago at a used truck business just off of I81 outside of Winchester.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The current heavy squad at Sterling VRS is this 1990 Duplex Vanguard/Saulsbury. It was rehabed in 2001 by Saulsbury. Sterling VRS will be receiving a new 2009 Spartan Gladiator/SVI within the next several months and this Saulsbury will be sold.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
I will pick up where this thread was left....Sterling Volunteer Rescue Squad.

The new Rescue 615 is a 2010 Spartan Gladiator with a 26' SVI squad body. It has a unique custom walk in compartment behind the crew cab.

It is currently at Keplinger's in Winchester, Virginia, who handled the order and delivery. Equipment is now being mounted on Rescue 615.

It carries SVI serial number 716.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA