Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appleton trip April 24
Quote:Mount Horeb is about to receive this Peterbilt. The paint on this unit is stunning to say the least.
Wonder if this one is going to be nick~named "Three~Pete"....
If anyone is going to Pierce in the near future I was hoping you get could get pics of Wichita Fire Dept's Dash CF's. they have ordered 18 engines and 4 aerials over the next 3 years. The first batch is almost complete and I believe its 6 engines and 1 aerial platform. PM me if you need more info. They are black over red.
Andy Thomas
Wichita Fire Dept. Photographer

Webmaster for:
KansasFireTrucks.com
Also, if someone is going to be in Appleton, if they could check for a Tower Ladder for Truro and (2) 75' Quints and a Tower ladder for Halifax in NS, and a Charlottetown PEI Tower (should be in the final stage pre delivery), and a Pumper for Saint John NB.

Andy, I shot them in the garage. By no means a good shot due to the crazy amount of people and tight quarters.  I'll send you the ones I have.

Karl

please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
The new engines are going to Engine's 2, 21, 23, 25, 30 & 36.

Quote:One of several Velocity's heading to Austin
Quote:If anyone is going to Pierce in the near future I was hoping you get could get pics of Wichita Fire Dept's Dash CF's. they have ordered 18 engines and 4 aerials over the next 3 years. The first batch is almost complete and I believe its 6 engines and 1 aerial platform. PM me if you need more info. They are black over red.
There is a photo of one on the Emergency Equipment Professionals Facebook page. They are my local Pierce dealer. The photo was taken at FRI. It looks good. 
Quote:If anyone is going to Pierce in the near future I was hoping you get could get pics of Wichita Fire Dept's Dash CF's. they have ordered 18 engines and 4 aerials over the next 3 years. The first batch is almost complete and I believe its 6 engines and 1 aerial platform. PM me if you need more info. They are black over red.

Not to sound so negative, but they're less than impressive from what I've seen, and the Black over Red doesn't help at all.
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote: 

Not to sound so negative, but they're less than impressive from what I've seen, and the Black over Red doesn't help at all.

I'm just curious:  I'm not familiar with their previous purchases aside from some photos posted here, but what don't you like the about the new rigs?
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA

Engine 1's CF looks sweet  
I personally feel like Black over Red is becoming the new White over Red- everyone is going to have it eventually and it's going to be plain. I don't care for the coffin compartments with a cut-out for the ladder curbside (without an actual picture, it's hard for me to explain, but I've seen it a handful of times) I like highside compartments all of the way up. I'm still on the fence about the Dash CF, sits too low to the ground, and I don't lke the all 1 piece windshield, that being said, I have seen some nice ones as well. I do like the front bumpers on the new Wichita rigs, but I really liked their previous spec. (the 2007 era Dash) much better; the paint, the stripes, the top mount pump, and the overhead ladder rack.

As with anything, you'll always have pros and cons, and everything in the above statement is 100% my opinion. I always try to offer a positive if I have a negative about something, and I hope others see that. At the end of the day, I will (most likely) never be performing on a piece of Whichita Fire Apparatus, so it really doesn't concern me, however I like to give an opinion, and see what others think as well, as with the Rosenbauer Commander that we discussed awhile back.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:One of the PUC's heading to Memphis
These have arrived and are being placed in service as of the last couple of weeks
Trav, thanks for the insight.  It's always interesting (to me, at least) to find out why people are impressed with, or disappointed by, particular designs.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Is anyone headed to or been to Pierce recently? Looking for 2 Pierce Saber's for Sedgwick County Fire Department.

Andy Thomas
Wichita Fire Dept. Photographer

Webmaster for:
KansasFireTrucks.com