Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
Quote:What's the general consensus on the new Ferraras so far?

So far, 3&4 like the pumpers. The TL......not so much.
Quote:So far, 3&4 like the pumpers. The TL......not so much.
What's the issue with the tower?
I would say the price is right at least so far, considering they've ordered 6 more Engines and Ladders from them:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/...w-ferraras

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:What's the issue with the tower?

Numerous issues with the TL. I hear the turn radius sucks, and some poor (Ferrara) design features. The truck guys liked the ALF better.
Why haven't they tried going back with Aerialscopes?

Quote:Why haven't they tried going back with Aerialscopes?

From my understanding, Seagrave didn't bid, they are using the HGAC purchasing cooperative, and they wanted an aerial with a walkway. Plus the price. I'd love to see an Seagraves and Aerialscopes in Yonkers but I think that era is gone for now.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Any news on the status of Engine 313......did their rig get repaired or was it dx'd? Are they scheduled for a new rig?

Quote:Any news on the status of Engine 313......did their rig get repaired or was it dx'd? Are they scheduled for a new rig?

The wrecked rig is still sitting outside at the shop. 313 was assigned 304's old ALF
The 2nd Ferrara pumper that first went to E-313, and was assigned to E-304 shortly after delivery.

We have on order from Ferarra, 4-Similiar pumpers, 1-rearmount (for L-74) and 1-Tower Ladder (for TL-75)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Spare Rescue-1 on Wednesday 5/18/16.. The 2000 ALF (after numerous recent repairs) The City has gotten it's moneys worth the past 16-years out of her.

What's the latest on your firehouse.
Quote:What's the latest on your firehouse.

Coming up on one year they condemned Station-1, and there's some talk on a new one, but no solid info thus far. I just hope the City is serious and it actually happens.......
What happened to the other/main rescue? The tandem axle.
Quote:What happened to the other/main rescue? The tandem axle.
The 2007 ALF is in the shop for PM and repairs since last week. We'll get it back soon. Grabbed a pic of spare since we had it.

We will be Spec'ing a new rig soon. There's a little debate whether to stay tandem or return to single axle. Do we give up carrying some stuff Vs. speed is the Q.
Oldie I had.... E-311's 1994 Sutphen. We purchased 3 of them after Mack ceased production. Built to "same" Specs.....they didnt last very long!

Here's the next batch of Ferrara pumpers. There are 4 rigs coming on this order. E-307, E-312, E-312 & E-314. They will replace 2007 Alf's.

>

>

>

>