Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
Brentwood, MO

Engine 411

2002 Pierce Dash

*Brentwood is the only FD not to switch the the STL Metro 4 digit numbering system (Besides STL City)*

Rear view of 411

Brentwood, MO

Medic 407

2004 GMC

Rear view of 407

*Both units were doing fire inspections at local businesses*

I made it to a 2nd Alarm, I'll post shots in the Fire Scenes

[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' post='119031' date='Jun 13 2007, 17:04 ']Brentwood, MO

Engine 411

2002 Pierce Dash

*Brentwood is the only FD not to switch the the STL Metro 4 digit numbering system (Besides STL City)*

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=19690][/quote]

Is that a steamer connection under the running board?
[quote name='T-Bone' post='119039' date='Jun 13 2007, 16:17 ']Is that a steamer connection under the running board?[/quote]

This might sound stupid, but what is a steamer connection?

I think that might be for the exhaust. Im not an expert when it comes to particular parts...
Metro West

Ladder 3312

2005 Spartan Gladiator/Smeal 75'

[quote name='T-Bone' post='119039' date='Jun 13 2007, 17:17 ']Is that a steamer connection under the running board?[/quote]

Looks like a Ward No Smoke filter canister.
M. Johnson

Concord F.D.

Engine Co. 7
The Mighty Sevens

IAFF L-1045

Thanks Mike I have never actually seen one of those mounted on a rig. Everything out here has the hoses (plymovent) or the self contained fliter units that hang in the ceiling (AirVac911)
When I see this truck again, Ill be sure to try and get a close up of it for you guys. Thats the city my grandparents live, so Im out there at least once a week. My dad was also a FF with Brentwood for right around 20 years.
[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' post='119077' date='Jun 13 2007, 18:31 ']This might sound stupid, but what is a steamer connection?

I think that might be for the exhaust. Im not an expert when it comes to particular parts...[/quote]

I am not the expert but some of the older members taught me the following:

"The steamer" usually refers to the large diameter (typically 4.5") hose connection on a hydrant.

I have also seen it used referring to the pump inlet on the engine.

It's called a steamer because the old steam driven pumpers of the mid 1800s had to have these LDH connections for an adequate supply of water from the hydrant.
Thanks for the info T. That must have been added to the truck. I was going through some older shots of it, and it wasnt there.
[quote name='mike1045' post='119382' date='Jun 14 2007, 14:47 ']Looks like a Ward No Smoke filter canister.[/quote]

They work pretty good as long as they are maintained and the filters are changed.
M. Johnson

Concord F.D.

Engine Co. 7
The Mighty Sevens

IAFF L-1045

That's the same for the AirVac911 system. We have it in both stations and they work great as long as you change to first stage filters on a regualr basis.
Nice Pics as always Phil, Did you by chance get a pic of Clayton FDS Cheif Vehicle that I saw in the picture with the 2 ambulances ?
D.J. Hornacek

Nikon D40 DSLR with a Nikon 70-300MM Lens and a Nikon SB 600 External Flash

Check out my website: http://davids-firetruckphotos.smugmug.com
[quote name='ilfirebuff' post='119824' date='Jun 15 2007, 21:07 ']Nice Pics as always Phil, Did you by chance get a pic of Clayton FDS Cheif Vehicle that I saw in the picture with the 2 ambulances ?[/quote]

No I didnt, sorry DJ. But it is very similar to that used by Richmond Heights. Here is RH BC 2102. The striping seems to be the same, very identical.

Here are some shots of STLFD's Rescue 49 in District 8: Lambert International Airports.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

another.

more.

another.