Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chief's travels
Quote:TA DA next we have the freshly washed and waxed North Park engine 802 looking good
2005 IH 4x4/Rosenbauer (General) - 1000 gpm/500/20 Class A foam.
Quote:I just noticed that and came to post...  I'm pretty sure the old chassis was a "total loss" as the rig went over on its side in a ditch (gently, they say) after hitting a patch of black ice and suffered some sort of damage to the power train.  I suspect the body is still on the chassis as it's easier to drag around the dead chassis than pull the old body and mount it on a dolly then mount it to a new chassis.  I'll do some digging though.

They lucked out and only one member was injured.  Broken wrist I believe from all the stuff that flew around the walk-in area of the box where they were riding.  The other "rumor" was their insurance company essentially shafted the department on this as the policy was not "agreed value."  Story was they only got $30,000 or so for their rig's value.  Win-Bur-Sew just replaced an ambulance due to a unit blowing an engine, bought a tanker and a couple of utility vehicles.  They did not need this expense right now.

Confirmed with some Win-Bur-Sew folks yesterday, box is going on a Furion chassis.  Old box is getting roll up doors if I recall correctly, the walk in portion will remain - but there will be no seating in the box.  Ladders and additional storage will be added inside the walk-in area.

Supposed to be done at the end of summer.  I hope they aren't holding their breath.
Rockton's Squad/Rescue is packed, this being said I am heading up to figure out where to stuff 2 more cascade bottles and a fill station to match the compressor I sold them last year.

Quote:Rockton's Squad/Rescue is packed, this being said I am heading up to figure out where to stuff 2 more cascade bottles and a fill station to match the compressor I sold them last year.
Give them a hard time for me.  So many great people up there, I'm privileged to count many of them as friends.
thanks for all of the info chief i was hoping that the unmarked was a Rockford buggy since chief Weavel was on Rockford fire for so many years. However i dont think that they sent anything which is very sad. I know that chief Weavel could be very how do i say "bullheaded" but they at least could have shown some sort of respect i think Chief I will probably see you wednesday night at the chiefs show wont i? BTW cant you just give KUNCIE a hard time whenever he is in your station?
Quote:Give them a hard time for me.  So many great people up there, I'm privileged to count many of them as friends.
Quote:thanks for all of the info chief i was hoping that the unmarked was a Rockford buggy since chief Weavel was on Rockford fire for so many years. However i dont think that they sent anything which is very sad. I know that chief Weavel could be very how do i say "bullheaded" but they at least could have shown some sort of respect i think Chief I will probably see you wednesday night at the chiefs show wont i? BTW cant you just give KUNCIE a hard time whenever he is in your station?
I'm sure some Rockford brass was there, but between the funerals for Chief Weavel and Chief Ragnar (from Northwest) it is hard to tell who was where.

I'll see you Wednesday night. 
Ok chief sounds good any chance that you are going to bring your ladder to the show or could you bring it to the show? I would love to shoot it hopefully its nice out. There should be a lot more space being at the school.
Quote:I'm sure some Rockford brass was there, but between the funerals for Chief Weavel and Chief Ragnar (from Northwest) it is hard to tell who was where.

I'll see you Wednesday night.
well since my last postings i  have been very busy and havent had a chance to go shoot a whole lot so i decidede for my birthday as a present to myself the kids wanted to go to the zoo in Madison wisconsin so i made it a point to hit a few stations and  boy did i hit the jackpot. here is reserve ladder 6 which i beleive is floated around the city as needed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

next is front line ladder 6 of course a Pierce quantum

we hit station 1 4 and 6 station 1 is downtown which is probably right now starting to be rehabbed and the administration building is going to be torn down and used for parking and all of the administration will be in station 1 so everything at station 1 will be shuffled around to other stations until it is completed. i also found out that within the next few weeks MFD is breaking gound on station 13. Here is scuba 1 which they didnt want to get out so i didnt push it i got out what i wanted pulled out so i was happy

next up is engine 1

here is the real beauty Aerial 1

more to come

Quote:here is the real beauty Aerial 1
Do they have a tower?
Freeport Illinois inspector vehicle

Leaf River illinois FPD command buggy

Attached Files Image(s)