Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PA Fire stations
Are most of these houses volunteer or paid ? That pittson city hq is a beautiful station! A lot of two stories in there, do they have poles ? Thanks
Some Ex-Wilkes-Barre Stations

Northeast Station

this is a shame closed due to LACK OF MAINTAINENCE!
Does anyone know if the old Perseverance fire house in Lebanon city is still around or is it gone with all

the downtown rebuilding they did with HACC and the COLT Bus lot...
Refresh my memory.. where was the Persie's old station at? I thought it was on 9th Street between Walnut and Federal.. but that might be the Union's station
That's the Unions. Perse's was on Willow near 8th. but not sure of exact location.
I thought 17's house was long gone
With all the drama in Wikes Barre, anyone have any other shots of their houses (old or new)
[center][quote name='readingpafire' timestamp='1355500405' post='505420']

With all the drama in Wikes Barre, anyone have any other shots of their houses (old or new)

[/quote]

Jason, there is a picture of Wilkes Barre Headquarters Station on page 6 of this thread. It houses E1, T6, R2 which is the old Reading Hamerly and F6 which is their Platoon Chief. I found a photo of the old E3 firehouse online, photographer unkown. It still stands at the corner of Stanton St. and Lloyds Lane in SW Wilkes Barre. The current station is a few blocks away at High and Parrish Sts. E3 is usually OOS with the current layoffs, so only Medic 3 runs from there I believe. Absolute shame about the Wilkes Barre Brothers. Same thing happening in Scranton and of course with you guys in Reading. Will E13 and E14 ever be back?[/center]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Former Wilkes Barre Firehouse 8 on Scott St. just east of Laurel St. Photographer unknown.

Cool houses Joe!

Engine 13 & 14 are gone forever, they were renumbered to 6 & 4 reapectively. Although we just put a class of 12 out and we have extra staffing without sick calls or vacation. The current staffing policy puts Engine 6 back in service if we have 2 over the required 18. Engine 6's local is the old 13 local.
[quote name='readingpafire' timestamp='1355499686' post='505419']

I thought 17's house was long gone

[/quote]

Thats what I'm trying to find out. I know Liberty's station was torn down, and I believe all of the other Lebanon city stations are still standing but I didn't know if

the Perseverance's was still up. Or where exactly

on Willow street it use to be.
I posted some shots of Lebanon houses earlier in the thread. The Lebanon Firefighters Facebook Page also has some nice older and historic shots as well.
Atlas Fire Company

Atlas, Northumberland County

West End Fire Company

Engine 4

Mount Carmel,Northumberland County

Anthracite Fire Company

Mount Carmel,Northumberland County

Shavertown Fire Company

Shavertown, Luzerne County