• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American LaFrance Apparatus
Tulsa, Ok

1977 American LaFrance

1500/500

Squad-1

Ron Bogardus Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Bakersfield E1, the subject of the much aligned Code 3 release.

Attached Files Image(s)

Los Angeles County Truck 125. There are actually a couple of these left in reserve status.

Attached Files Image(s)

Los Angeles County E515 (Reserve) and I believe these are 1978 models.
Los Angeles County E515 (Reserve) and I believe these are 1978 models.

(For some reason the photo didn't post)

Attached Files Image(s)

Ventura County E54. This is a real old photo that I took when I was probably 12, so not the best quality. I really wish I had gotten some really good photos of these before they were repainted and lost the big numbers on the front.

Attached Files Image(s)

ashley pa rescue hose co #1 luzerne county just placed this ex nanticoke pa washington #5 ex livingston n j i believe they told me 1500gpm 500gwt,beautiful condition
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
the la county century engines were all 1981 models
This was going thru a pump test the other day at VSI and took a few shots of it. Paris KY late '70s Century with a 50' prepiped aerial. Not sure when it was refurbished, early '90s I think. I would've tried to ask more but no one there seemed happy to see someone with a camera.

[Image: 100_3832.jpg]
[quote name='code20photog' post='117351' date='Jun 8 2007, 23:56 ']Los Angeles County E515 (Reserve) and I believe these are 1978 models.

(For some reason the photo didn't post)[/quote]

Its odd to see the American LaFrance name plate not centered and in another position on the nose. It appears that it may have once been under thr "515" numbers.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Truckman' post='117465' date='Jun 9 2007, 10:53 ']Its odd to see the American LaFrance name plate not centered and in another position on the nose. It appears that it may have once been under thr "515" numbers.[/quote]

That's actually where the unit number plate goes, which is why the logo is offset. This was during a major brushfire, and the reserve rig was pressed into service. Usually, if this unit was going to be used for awhile as say E15, they would attach the 15 plate to the nose, and there's a place for one on the side near the jumpseats as well.

Looking closely at the holes, I think this may have been E163 at one point, which was my friend's station. Have to check the shop #s.
Chicago Hts, IL

1956 American LaFrance

100'MM

Truck-654

Attached Files Image(s)

Chicago Hts, IL

1952 American LaFrance

1000/300

RE-662

Attached Files Image(s)

1949 ALF ex-Maybrook, NY Engine 209

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Atlanta Fire Bureau's ALF Crash/Structural pumper. This photo was taken around the early '80s. Unknown pump size, tank size.

Yellow 6, Atlanta, GA

1972 ALF 1000 Series "Bristol Foam Pumper"

1000/1000/55F

Not a Century.
Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder had this 1982 Century, 1250 pump, 750 tank. It was sold in 1993, whereabouts unknown.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hunterdon County, NJ has had five Century's around the county over the years. ONE is left inservice.

Lambertville Station 17 had a 1982 ALF that replaced a 1961 900 Series that was damaged in a fire in the station.

Lebanon Boro Station 18 had 2. First was a 1971 900 Series that was referbed in 1986 to a Century. The second was a 1982 75 Foot Water Chief that was build for Mexico. The warning labels were in SPANISH and English!

Clinton Boro Station 45 had the first Century in the County that was just replaced. They now have 3 ALF's (1 Century 2000, and 2 Eagles)

Milford Station 92 runs the LAST one LEFT!

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached is the early 80's model ALF that was used at my station until 1995. I have no idea who's pic this is. I believe I got it from another thread several years ago. If anyone knows the photographer or additional info, please post it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Does anyone have any info/specs on the Atlanta Hartsfield IAP ALF (Bristol) Foam Pumpers ? I don't know but the enclosure between the engine and the Pump Panel looks like it could have contained a seperate pumping engine. Just curious.
I'm pretty sure you are correct. Next time I'm over there, I'll see if I can confirm it.