Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Does the tip of the aerial on these Ferrara rigs seem like it sits way back on the cab roof, compared to the Seagraves? Most of the Seagraves seem to have the ladder tip almost even with front of the cab or even slighty past it. These are sitting back, looks like two or three feet. Are these new rigs a longer wheelbase, maybe from cab being slightly longer? Or is there something engineering-wise with the way Ferrara mounts the ladder and turntable assembly? Just curious...

Thanks,

Gary
Pierce and Smeal have been doing the same.
Has FDNY taken delivery of any of the new ladders or rescues or will they (rescues) all be delivered in 1 big batch?
Question for the FDNY folks: on the officer's side of the straight stick ladder trucks, what is the recessed comparment with what looks like two vertical sleeves in it? It's located two compartments behind the back door of the cab.

Just wondering. Thanks in advance.
Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
derry 86, if it is what i think you are referring to its a well for the can's.

Jay
[quote name='squad43' timestamp='1298553928' post='426718']

derry 86, if it is what i think you are referring to its a well for the can's.

Jay

[/quote]

Correct
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
E-92 and Squad 61 operating on 2/25/11 at Bronx box 2307.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've always wondered, how come Squad 61 has all LEDs except the 1 rotator in the middle under the roof mounted deluge gun?

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Don't believe the LED mini-bars are original. I think before, where the LED mini-bars are now, there where red dome rotating mini-bars similar to the remaining center one.

Corrections welcome.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Larry....in checking on Mike's site (FDNYTrucks.com) you are correct....
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
I wondering was squad 61 used as a test subject for those led bars? I know they chose federal signal and not the whelen bars like on it.
Thank you for the answer, and I need to clarify myself a little better; why did they keep the 1 rotator on there? I know that's a whole new cab from it being wrecked so I wasn't sure if maybe they kept 1 light from the old rig just to have.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quick question for the FDNY guys. How big is the Station for E160 on Staten Island? Could someone post a pic of this station....it must be HUGE!!!

From looking at FDNYtrucks.com the apparatus in this house are:

Engine 160 - 2008 Seagrave

Decon 160 - 2006 Mack/Ferrara

Brush 160 - 2006 Ford F450 w/2004 Polaris

Division 8 - 2009 GMC 1/2 ton

Rescue 5 - 2002 E\-One Saulsbury

Rescue 5 Support - 2002 GMC Stepvan

Collapse 5 - 2009 Spartan/Ferrara

TSU 2 - 2002 IHC/Saulsbury
i believe 160engine and rescue 5 are only in quarters if i remember correctley and im pretty sure the division is too everything else is in a fenced in parking lot across the street from quarters
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
If you look at even the newest FDNY rigs, they are the Federal Aerodynic bars, all LED except for the outboard one on each side is a rotator. I read somewhere (not sure how true this is), but it was felt that the rotators give a "bounce" effect against buildings to provide better protection compared to the directional LED light. Like I said, not sure how true this is, but interesting theory at the least.
please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
[quote name='goon16' timestamp='1299198715' post='427840']

i believe 160engine and rescue 5 are only in quarters if i remember correctley and im pretty sure the division is too everything else is in a fenced in parking lot across the street from quarters

[/quote]

The goon is correct. It's like a FASNY convention in the parking lot if you drive by. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1850+Clove...7&t=h&z=20
[quote name='atlanticfiretrucks.com' timestamp='1299197236' post='427827']

Quick question for the FDNY guys. How big is the Station for E160 on Staten Island? Could someone post a pic of this station....it must be HUGE!!!

[/quote]

Its been a few years since I rode out of E160 with Division 8. It is an old 3story 2 bay station. Rescue 5 had one bay. TSU had the rear of the other bay and E160 the front. Division 8 and Rescue 5 Support as well as the division mail van was in the parking lot across the street. Decon, brush and collapse had not been assigned yet. I heard/saw photo that they had build a prefab structure in the parking lot since then.
Looks like the first new ladder is going to L137...from Ferrara's site

Attached Files Image(s)

Completely random observation: new font and size of the company number.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='atlanticfiretrucks.com' timestamp='1299197236' post='427827']

[/quote]

As you look at Quarters, Rescue 5 on the left, Engine 160 to the Right. TSU would be kept behind the engine during the winter months.

Div 8, HMTender 5, Collapse 5, Decon 160, plus D8 Msger Van and use to be an FFT unit and usally TSU 2 are ALL OUTSIDE! At lease there is a cage around the lot now. BRUSH 160 was reassigned when the Decon was assigned to 160.