Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pa Fireman's Expo 2013
Middletown Township Fire Department, Delaware County, Pa with a Ford F-550/ HME mini pumper.  Unit identifier is Tac 50.  A very nice mini-pumper.  I would take a few.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Lake Shore Fire Department, International/ Wheeled Coach Rig.
Interesting no corner cap lights on this WC rig.
Lake Shores Ambulance should be a Life Line box, not Wheeled Coach. I'm pretty sure that is the Life Line floor mat by the door. Life Line is big up in Erie County, PA.
Quote:Lake Shores Ambulance should be a Life Line box, not Wheeled Coach. I'm pretty sure that is the Life Line floor mat by the door. Life Line is big up in Erie County, PA.

You are right. My apologies.
Quote:Interesting no corner cap lights on this WC rig.
Corner cap lights??
Quote:Corner cap lights??

WC typically puts strobes in the marker lights at the top corner of each of their boxes.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Taylor,

Thanks..Like the White one on the right.

Definitely a Lifeline......Wheeled Coach will NEVER build without the corner caps.....however Lake Shores is replacing a Wheeled Coach, and the dealer represents both brands, which is why they were in the same booth.

BTW, awesome photos! I know how much of a pain in the butt it is to get photos at shows like this...did a great job! Thanks!

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Progress Fire, Pierce Engine.
VERY nice Wagon!! But,it raises a question of interest. Does this Wagon have Air Horns? Doesn't appear to unless they are "hidden",which might not be a bad idea.
Quote:VERY nice Wagon!! But,it raises a question of interest. Does this Wagon have Air Horns? Doesn't appear to unless they are "hidden",which might not be a bad idea.
From what I have been told the Air Horns are mounted underneath/behind the front bumper sideways.  Not sure if that is true but that's how it was explained to me. 
Having only been to FDIC, and seeing pictures of FRI, it appears presentation is kind of an afterthought here, no carpet under the trucks, shrubbery, and they're all crammed in together, the same appears to me, for the Balt. Fire Expo.

I like the jacks on BFD Ladder 17, they weren't spread at FDIC so I couldn't see them, nice touch though!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Having only been to FDIC, and seeing pictures of FRI, it appears presentation is kind of an afterthought here, no carpet under the trucks, shrubbery, and they're all crammed in together, the same appears to me, for the Balt. Fire Expo.

I like the jacks on BFD Ladder 17, they weren't spread at FDIC so I couldn't see them, nice touch though!

Trav!
Pierce is the only manufacture who lays out carpet and puts out shrubbery. 
Quote:Having only been to FDIC, and seeing pictures of FRI, it appears presentation is kind of an afterthought here, no carpet under the trucks, shrubbery, and they're all crammed in together, the same appears to me, for the Balt. Fire Expo.

[Image: bring-me-a-shrubbery.jpg]

Yeah, this show is definitely about the rigs and the vendors, not the presentation.  I never miss a year, just too much cool stuff to see.  And it's Grade-A people watching too.

Baltimore's show is more upscale than Harrisburg's.  However, if I had to make a choice between the two shows, I'd always choose H'Burg, although the nightlife in Balmer (how the folks from there pronounce it) is better.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Marion

J.E. Wheelock Hose Co.

Engine 3

Sayre Fire Dept.

Milltown U.S.A.

Attached Files Image(s)

E\-One

West Chester Fire Dept.

Fame Fire Co. No. 3