New Orleans Spare Engine 49

1997 Pierce Saber

1250/500

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Squirt

2004 ALF

54' Squrt

1250/750

*I would suspect that this unit might be the former Squirt 36. Currently it is parked at the fire academy. I was told by crews training there that this squirt was struck by lightning rendering it inoperable.

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Engine 42

? Seagrave

1250/500

*This and the following few pieces are all former NOFD rigs which were damaged in Hurricane Katrina and have been junked in the lot at the fire academy.

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Engine 44

? Seagrave

1250/500

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Engine 59

? Seagrave

1250/500

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Squirt

1992 Pierce Lance

1250/500

54' Squrt

Attached Files Image(s)

That is all for now, more to come tomorrow.
Thanks for the photos. How many stations are still running out of trailers?
Great shots. New Orleans seems to be one of the few departments that still run with Squrts.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Great shots Evan! Glad the trip was worthwhile. Where are the Detroit pics???!!!!!
[quote name='firedog120' post='242538' date='Aug 30 2008, 00:46 ']Great shots Evan! Glad the trip was worthwhile. Where are the Detroit pics???!!!!![/quote]

Evan

I don't know if you found this to be the case, but in my visit to New Orleans in January, I was thoroghly amazed at how upbeat and postive the firefighters and people are down there after all they went through and the way local and federal governments have treated them.

Pray that Gustav spares New Orleans more misery.
Nice shots.
[quote name='maxim' post='242583' date='Aug 30 2008, 08:29 ']Evan

I don't know if you found this to be the case, but in my visit to New Orleans in January, I was thoroghly amazed at how upbeat and postive the firefighters and people are down there after all they went through and the way local and federal governments have treated them.

Pray that Gustav spares New Orleans more misery.[/quote]

I would fully agree. The New Orleans Fire Department was among one the friendliest and most hospitable departments I have ever visited, especially considering their conditions.

Squad546, I only visited four stations that were operating out of trailers; however, I was told that two more were as well.

Tomek, Hopefully, I will have the Detroit stuff posted between today and tomorrow. There should be plenty of it!
[quote name='maxim' post='242583' date='Aug 30 2008, 07:29 ']Evan

Pray that Gustav spares New Orleans more misery.[/quote]

We often think that our department has it bad (we meaning all of us), but usually there are departments that are much worse off. It is a real tragedy that 3 years after this, the city of New Orleans is still in the condition that it is. It is great to hear that the firefighters and citizens are upbeat about their situation, all things considered.

I too pray that Gustav will spare this city, as well as the U.S. as a whole!
Rob Pryor, Captain

Wilmington, DE Fire Department

Firefighter, Five Points Fire Company, New Castle County, DE Station 17

http://www.facebook....p?id=1435317177

In Memory of Lieutenant Chris Leach, Engine 6-D, Senior Firefighter Jerry Fickes, Squad 4-C, and Senior Firefighter Ardy Hope Engine 5-C LODD 9-24-2016.

In Memory of P/M Stephanie Callaway "Gigglemedic", Sussex County EMS Medic #1357, LODD 6-17-08
New Orleans Ladder 2

2007 ALF/LTI

110' RM

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Ladder 3

2006 ALF/LTI

110' RM

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Ladder 4 operating Spare L13

1997 Pierce Dash

105' RM

*Although this piece of apparatus is numbered for Ladder 13, it is really just a spare. There is also a Ladder 13 (ALF/LTI) and a Quint 13.

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Ladder 6

1997 Pierce Dash

105' RM

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Ladder 7

2004 ALF/LTI

110' RM

Attached Files Image(s)

New Orleans Ladder 8 operating Spare L22

1997 Pierce Dash

105' RM