Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
Quote: 

10 engines, 2 towers, 4 ladders, squad, rescue, 2 battalions

Thanks, I take it the Squad is a rescue type engine with its own fist due. All trucks and towers are dry? 

Quote: 

Thanks, I take it the Squad is a rescue type engine with its own fist due. All trucks and towers are dry? 

Correct on all
Quote:Smoke, 

How do the men like the Ferrara apparatus? Holding up well?

So far the pumpers are liked a lot. They look to be built well. The Rearmount is set to go in service soon, as is the second TL. The first TL isn't exactly loved by 71.
Quote:Thanks, I take it the Squad is a rescue type engine with its own fist due. All trucks and towers are dry?
Yes. Squad-11 runs a 2007 Spartan/Smeal rescue pumper (which is falling apart) and has own first due district

All our 6 truck companies don't (have never had) pumps.
Quote:Can you tell me again

Number of engines and trucks Yonkers has?
Dangers response is correct. 11-Engines (1 is a squad co like FDNY) 6-Trucks. The Rescue Co. And 2-Battalion Chiefs. All apparatus ride four:1-Officer (Capt or Lt) and 3-Firemen. BC's have an Aide.
Quote:Dangers response is correct. 11-Engines (1 is a squad co like FDNY) 6-Trucks. The Rescue Co. And 2-Battalion Chiefs. All apparatus ride four:1-Officer (Capt or Lt) and 3-Firemen. BC's have an Aide.
You guys are pretty blessed with truck companies. In my area we have 4 engines per every 1 truck. 
Whats the reason for 75' Towers. Where im from they are all 100' towers. We do see alot of 75' Quints near me but not 75' towers. Is this a hold over from the 75' aerial scopes? 

Quote:Whats the reason for 75' Towers. Where im from they are all 100' towers. We do see alot of 75' Quints near me but not 75' towers. Is this a hold over from the 75' aerial scopes?

Yonkers is an old Northeastern, densely packed ,hilly city. The 100' doesn't fit in our neighborhoods. Besides trying to navigate it through the streets, there's limited space to get 2 H-type outriggers out, never mind the 4 that a 95/100' require.
Quote:Yonkers is an old Northeastern, densely packed ,hilly city. The 100' doesn't fit in our neighborhoods. Besides trying to navigate it through the streets, there's limited space to get 2 H-type outriggers out, never mind the 4 that a 95/100' require.
Thanks
Forgive me if this was asked already, but how come the new trucks are not on the Ultra cab/chassis?

Quote:Forgive me if this was asked already, but how come the new trucks are not on the Ultra cab/chassis?

YFD member on here said the bigger motors don't fit in the Ultra
Quote: 

Squad-11's 2010 Spartan/Smeal:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p73NOrE2Ins

All the new Ferraras are in service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Df-HLyYsQE

Quote:All the new Ferraras are in service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Df-HLyYsQE
Is that a Whelen lightbar?
Quote:Is that a Whelen lightbar?

Federal Signal Navigator Solaris
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Yonkers FD
Engine 314
2016 Ferrara Ultra

[Image: 35172266964_1b97fe56d3_b.jpg]Yonkers FD Engine 314 by Seth Granville, on Flickr
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Yonkers FD

Engine 314

2016 Ferrara Ultra 2000/500

[Image: 35506879433_671f483464_b.jpg]Yonkers FD Engine 314 by Seth Granville, on Flickr

Seth Granville
Does anyone know what apparatus Yonkers is giving to Mt.Vernon in the legal settlement?   Also, how many spare/reserve apparatus does Yonkers run?

The Chauffer of Yonkers Ladder 75, a 2016 Ferrara 75', skillfully threads the truck down the narrow winding roads descending from Lake Ave neighborhood on the way back to quarters after responding to an automatic fire alarm on Morningside Place this morning.

[Image: 36016615730_667d095768_b.jpg]

Yonkers FD Tower Ladder 75 by Seth Granville, on Flickr
Seth Granville