Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hose beds/loads
Now that is the best idea I've seen in a long time...especially for long driveways, which we run into on almost every call!
The photos of the older rigs set ups are very helpful to those of us currently restoring trucks from the 70's and 80's. Thanks for those era shots guys.........
[quote name='dl-109' timestamp='1324858574' post='468672']

Snug Harbor Engine 16. Personally I like the length of yellow LDH in between the blue, as it lets the driver know when he has half his load laid out. Snug Harbor is part of the Union Fire District in South Kingstown, RI, and the engine is a new addition to the department:

[/quote]

DL do you mind if I grab that photo to show off that concept? I'll be sure to use credit, I'll even take a water marked copy.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
[quote name='willman940' timestamp='1325104771' post='469078']

DL do you mind if I grab that photo to show off that concept? I'll be sure to use credit, I'll even take a water marked copy.

[/quote]

Go right ahead.
FDNY Engine 65

2002 Seagrave High pressure pumper

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seattle FD 2007 E\-One Cyclone II

Seattle FD 2003 ALF

Attached Files Image(s)

Does anyone have photos of either St Louis Smeal quints hosebeds or any Smeal for the matter as long as it's their Ergonomic Hose load?

Thanks in advance.  Karl

please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
Quote:Does anyone have photos of either St Louis Smeal quints hosebeds or any Smeal for the matter as long as it's their Ergonomic Hose load?

Thanks in advance.  Karl
Check out the St. Louis thread, there's pictures in there.
Quote:Peoria, Arizona Engine 193 - 2011 Spartan/Rosenbauer 1500/500/50A/CAFS

1.75", 4" LDH, 2.5"

Booster in tailboard compartment

[Image: attachicon.gif]Engine 193 back (resized).jpg
I would hate to pull up with civilians at windows and fire venting. Then while one man makes a stretch, the second man having to grab the ladders in a high shoulder carry due to the ladder compartment height. Sometimes it might not be bad at the tail board but the further you pull them out the harder it gets to maintain control in full turnout gear with an SCBA on your back. One of my firemen is only 5'4" he probably could not reach them. I do like the Peoria Engine just rear hose and ladders are a little bit high. Thanks for sharing. 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:Check out the St. Louis thread, there's pictures in there.
Thank you SIr.
Quote:Thank you SIr.
Karl, I will email you some I have them at home. Rick

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Thanks Rick.  We have a similar rig at our station and were looking for ideas to redo our hoseloads

Quote:Does anyone have photos of either St Louis Smeal quints hosebeds or any Smeal for the matter as long as it's their Ergonomic Hose load?

Thanks in advance.  Karl
When the Calgary Fire Department got there new Smeal Quints, this was how they set there trucks up. 1000' of 5", 300'? of 3" and 200' of 2 1/2" pre-connected with a BlitZ monitor connected to that. Then CFD went with high-flow hose on all of there Quints......... things got ugly after that 

ENGINE_4

Thanks for the photo and lengths.  We're in the process of trying new ideas on our quints hosebed, so this gives me some ideas to share.  Thanks!

Quote:When the Calgary Fire Department got there new Smeal Quints, this was how they set there trucks up. 1000' of 5", 300'? of 3" and 200' of 2 1/2" pre-connected with a BlitZ monitor connected to that. Then CFD went with high-flow hose on all of there Quints......... things got ugly after that 

[Image: attachicon.gif]IMG_1181.JPG

Quints, a little bit of everything and not enough room for anything. We have the same issues as photographed. This would be disturbing if laying a line or getting the roof ladder. I always call the quints the swiss army knife of the fire service. Does a little of everything but nothing well. Thanks for posting, I enjoy seeing how others have the beds set for fire attack. 

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Sorry it's a little blurry, but you get the gist.... Here is the current layout for all 8 of Calgary Fire's Quints.... this is the high-flow LDH hose i mentioned in the earlier post. I think there is '600 of 5" here... the other 4 lengths of 100' hose are hidden around the truck....... the 2 1/2 (65mm) hose is also high-flow

Is that a horseshoe load on the 5" on th Calgary Quints. If it is I haven't saw that since fire school back in 1992.

This photo shows LDH, packed on a Quint with a hose chute at the rear.  Notice

where the couplings are placed. This allows the hose to lay out with have the coupling

bouncing around trying to exit the bed.

Truckman Photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Quote:The way it was.

You lay it out, you have to pack it back!!

My collection.
Captain,

I would love to see some more pictures like this ,anything with the original squad in it  (i see Norman Nix  in this one ) and being that dad was in the squad makes this alot more interesting. i also need to get some more older station and apparatus pictures for the blank walls of new 17 ,

Thanks David