Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rheems1 Photo Collection
Those pictures were all taken yesterday, the trip was set up by Tim Wolfe (a huge hand to Tim for getting the AFB set up)... also along was Howard Meile (an honor to get to meet him) and Patrick Shoop Jr. It was a great trip...a great day for shooting, I was very thankful for getting invited along. I am sure Tim will be posting his pictures, I urge everyone to go and look at his pictures as well!!
[quote name='Rheems1' date='07 April 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1270680519' post='374769']

Those pictures were all taken yesterday, the trip was set up by Tim Wolfe (a huge hand to Tim for getting the AFB set up)... also along was Howard Meile (an honor to get to meet him) and Patrick Shoop Jr. It was a great trip...a great day for shooting, I was very thankful for getting invited along. I am sure Tim will be posting his pictures, I urge everyone to go and look at his pictures as well!!

[/quote]

Oh my Timmy, lol!! Great Shots, Dave [Image: thumbsup.gif]
Dave,

Great photos! I especially like the Magnolia and Dover Air Force Base stuff. I wonder if that P-15 is the same one that they had when I visited the station on a Fire Prevention Week field trip in the 1st grade way back in 1982! Did you get into Dover itself and shoot anything of theirs?
Jay Kormann
Jay,

The P-15 was a 1990 model??? from what I could ascertain.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Tim,

I very highly doubt that unit was a 1990. Most of the ones I have slides for are from the late 70's and early 80's. Possibly some sort of refurb in 1990?
The P-15 from Dover AFB should be a 1979 model Oshkosh with USAF property number 79L10.

Tom Shand

Hamburg, New York
HEY DAVE, DID YOU TRIP ANY RADAR DETECTORS GOING TO LITTLE CREEK LIKE I DID? GREAT SHOTS BY THE WAY.
[quote name='rescueff' date='23 March 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1269396930' post='372022']

Rheems1, when is Fayetteville getting there new Seagrave Squad?

Besides Greencastle (New Squad) Mont Alto (New Tanker) Fannett Metal (New Engine) do you know of any other new Apparatus orders or talks of new apparatus for Franklin County?

[/quote]

ST. THOMAS NEW TANKER DUE NEXT WEEK AND NEW ENGINE DUE IN AUGUST.

Whats the new Tanker going to be?? and what Engine is being replaced the 97 or 96

On a side note Fayetteville has pics of the new squad on there website.

Fannett Metal has " Tool Time " the International Engine for sale on Fenton Fire I do believe.

Greencastle should have there new squad in service by now if not its still at Glick getting outfitted

On to Fulton County in Pa

Hustontown has a new KW Tanker being built right now and just has a 1987 Chevy Pierce Mini Pumper donated

Needmore has added a third engine with a ladder on top. I am guessing a Pierce ( I am not good at guessing )
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
[quote name='countryboy88' date='05 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1275770698' post='385564']

Whats the new Tanker going to be?? and what Engine is being replaced the 97 or 96

Fannett Metal has " Tool Time " the International Engine for sale on Fenton Fire I do believe.

Greencastle should have there new squad in service by now if not its still at Glick getting outfitted

Hustontown has a new KW Tanker being built right now and just has a 1987 Chevy Pierce Mini Pumper donated

Needmore has added a third engine with a ladder on top. I am guessing a Pierce ( I am not good at guessing )

[/quote]

BOTH THE ENGINE AND TANKER AND ST. THOMAS ARE KME. THE FREIGHTLINER WILL BE THE ONE TO GO. IN NEEDMORE THE THIRD ENGINE IS A SPARTAN GLADIATOR/SMEAL FROM MARYSVILLE, OHIO.
[quote name='davepa' date='05 June 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1275780132' post='385580']

BOTH THE ENGINE AND TANKER AND ST. THOMAS ARE KME. THE FREIGHTLINER WILL BE THE ONE TO GO. IN NEEDMORE THE THIRD ENGINE IS A SPARTAN GLADIATOR/SMEAL FROM MARYSVILLE, OHIO.

[/quote]

davepa,

Any further specs such as Year, Make, Manufacture (Chassis), GPM, GWT, Foam? on Co. 18's purchases? So they are buying two units? Are the both going to be new or are they used?

I had not heard of either of these being replaced so this is a BIG suprise to me.
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
[quote name='countryboy88' date='05 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1275770698' post='385564']

[/quote]

This is what I have heard on know:

I heard Fannett Metal bought a New 2010 KME Predator 1250 GPM/1000 GWT Engine, I believe it should be here in the Summer some time

Co. 18 only has One Freightliner Engine which is 18-2. 18-1 is a E\-One they purhcased used from nearby New Franklin Fire Dept.

The new Squad 3 is NOT in service yet, I would guess it should be soon though.

The new Squad 7 is being outfitted at nearby ITE currently, the old Squad 7 is OOS is being stripped of equipment right now and at ITE
[quote name='rescueff' date='05 June 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1275783967' post='385585']

davepa,

Any further specs such as Year, Make, Manufacture (Chassis), GPM, GWT, Foam? on Co. 18's purchases? So they are buying two units? Are the both going to be new or are they used?

I had not heard of either of these being replaced so this is a BIG suprise to me.

[/quote]

ST. THOMAS BOUGHT 2 DEMONSTRATORS. THAT IS HOW THEY ARE GETTING THEM SO QUICKLY. I DON'T KNOW THE SPECS YET.
Any updates on the Tanker for Mont Alto or if "Shamu" has been sold.

The company has been waiting for quit awhile for the new one to come in haven't they.
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Is St. Thomas getting rid of the Pierce E/T as well??
[quote name='Shoop' date='06 June 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1275796252' post='385678']

Is St. Thomas getting rid of the Pierce E/T as well??

[/quote]

YES THEY ARE REPLACING THE ENGINE-TANKER ALSO.

AS FOR COUNTRYBOY88'S QUESTION MY DAD WAS AT A RECENT MONT ALTO MEETING AND THEY ANNOUNCED THE TANKER IS ON SCHEDULE. THE LAST I SAW SHAMU WAS AT DAVE'S TRUCK REPAIR. I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT IS WAS SOLD YET. I WOULDN'T BE SUPRISED TO SEE DAVE ADD IT TO HIS COLLECTION.
[quote name='davepa' date='06 June 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1275800847' post='385682']

YES THEY ARE REPLACING THE ENGINE-TANKER ALSO.

AS FOR COUNTRYBOY88'S QUESTION MY DAD WAS AT A RECENT MONT ALTO MEETING AND THEY ANNOUNCED THE TANKER IS ON SCHEDULE. THE LAST I SAW SHAMU WAS AT DAVE'S TRUCK REPAIR. I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT IS WAS SOLD YET. I WOULDN'T BE SUPRISED TO SEE DAVE ADD IT TO HIS COLLECTION.

[/quote]

The new Tanker 5 is going to be a Kenworth T-800 chassis with a Fort Gary (from Canada) body, I am excited to see the new piece whenever it comes... can't imagine what a Fort Gary is going to look like!!! I am hearing 3,500 gallons of water and a 500 gpm transfer pump from someone at work. Shamu continues to sit at Dave's Truck Repair and get older...the company doesn't know what to do with it right now but that they don't want to sink another dime into it.
[quote name='davepa' date='05 June 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1275786221' post='385593']

ST. THOMAS BOUGHT 2 DEMONSTRATORS. THAT IS HOW THEY ARE GETTING THEM SO QUICKLY. I DON'T KNOW THE SPECS YET.

[/quote]

Thanks davepa. I think I know which demo's you are talking about, if it is the Tanker I think it is than it should be 3000 GWT tanker.

Here are some pictures of the two units that I believe are Co. 18's new units:

http://rickey786.smugmug.com/2010-Fire-R...0901_JhdvL

I think it is the Tanker & Engine-Rescue that is shown on that page.
Has anyone got pics of the new stuff yet??
John Fauble

[quote name='countryboy88' date='18 June 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1276900791' post='387943']

Has anyone got pics of the new stuff yet??

[/quote]

TANKER 18 IS THE ONLY PIECE AT STATION YET. IT WILL GO IN SERVICE AS SOON AS THE FOLD-A-TANK ARRIVES. GREENCASTLE SQUAD DUE IN A COUPLE WEEKS AS OF A WEEK OR TWO AGO. ALSO ST. THOMAS CHIEF ADVISED ME TODAY THEY ARE NOT PAINTING THE TANKER BLACK AND WHITE. THE E\-One WILL GET BLACK SCOTCH LITE.