Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loudoun County,Va.
A variety of apparatus changes at Lovettsville FS 12.

Tanker 612 is a county owned 2005 International 7600/Pierce 1250/3000 #17249. It previously served at Hamilton FS 5.

This International replaces a volunteer owned 1999 Pierce Dash tanker that was recently sold.

Mike Sanders

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
New to Lovettsville is Brush 612, a 2010 Ford F350/Matins Welding Truck Bodies/Fast Lane 350/250. Much of the brush package came off of the old brush truck at Lovettsville, a 1968 Kaiser.

This showed up at Apple Blossom this year.

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
A newer Ambulance 612-2, a 2009 Ford F450/Horton.

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The current Wagon 612, a 1999 Pierce Dash 1250/1000. The tanker that Lovettsville recently sold was also a 1999 model, delivered at the same time as this Wagon. Job number ED339/10339.

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Engine 612 is a 2003 International 4700 4x4/Pierce Hawk 1000/500/30. Job number 14502. This makes a frequent appearance at Apple Blossom.

When originally delivered, it was Attack 12. Needing a second engine, Lovettsville added ladders and other equipment to make it qualify as an engine.

I have always liked this truck.....a bit unusual in Loudoun County.

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Last one for now.....

Officer side of Engine 612.

That wraps it up for now.

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='mnsand' timestamp='1305161192' post='439222']

Engine 612 is a 2003 International 4700 4x4/Pierce Hawk 1000/500/30. Job number 14502. This makes a frequent appearance at Apple Blossom.

When originally delivered, it was Attack 12. Needing a second engine, Lovettsville added ladders and other equipment to make it qualify as an engine.

I have always liked this truck.....a bit unusual in Loudoun County.

Mike Sanders

[/quote]

Mike,

I remember when you came out to 12 to photograph this unit when it was 1st delivered. Coincidentally, I was the guy who moved it around for you...only to meet a year later @ 23!

Nate
[quote name='nms1111' timestamp='1305300794' post='439400']

Mike,

I remember when you came out to 12 to photograph this unit when it was 1st delivered. Coincidentally, I was the guy who moved it around for you...only to meet a year later @ 23!

Nate

[/quote]

Small world Nate. My time at FS 23 was my favorite. Have not seen you in awhile.....hope all is well.

Mike Sanders
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
A photograph apparatus roster of sorts has been created for Loudoun County. It is a continuation of the Arcadia book that was published in 2007 on the fire and rescue apparatus history of Loudoun County, Virginia.

Here is the link:

http://mnsand.smugmug.com/FireApparatus-...44_HS7g8Pj

Hope you enjoy.

Mike Sanders
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
On Page 18 of this thread, I posted a photo of the newer heavy squad now running at Hamilton VRS - Company 17.

Here is the squad the new Pierce replaced. It is a 1994 International 4900 built by Marion. Hamilton VRS purchased this squad from the Winchester Volunteer Rescue Squad in Virginia, which is now the Millwood Station VFD - Station 21 in Frederick County just outside of Winchester.

I am assuming this International will be sold.

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike,

When I was there a month of two ago it was for sale to the best offer. Seeing hows it parked out back of Co. 14 in your photo, I wonder if they're considering buying it?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
The new Fire Station 23 (Moorefield Station, in Ashburn) opened on July 7th. A variety of equipment at FS 23 - an engine, medic unit, ambulance, tanker, mobile air unit, medical ambulance bus, and the EMS Battalion Chief.

Fire Station 23 originally opened in 2004 as a combination voluteer/career department. In 2009, all operations were turned over to the county when Fire Station 22 opened in Lansdowne as a combination volunteer/career station. Ashburn volunteers would run from two stations - Station 6 and 22. As a result, FS 23 became county operated.

Here is a photo of old FS 23, the "Warehouse". Personally, lot's of good memories here. It will now be used to house the Fire Marshall's vehicles and some other miscellaneous apparatus.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
A couple of photos of the new station.

The front of the station can be seen from the Dulles Greenway toll road. Although it is the front, these bays are for the "specialized" units at FS 23 (tanker, MAB, MAU).

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The rear of the new station has quick access to leaving the station, and thus the engine and two ambulances run from these bays.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
When I originally photographed Engine 623, it had a uncommon (for this area) Super Chief siren on the front bumper. It has since been replaced with a Federal Q.

Engine 623

2009 Pierce Velocity

1500/500/50

job # 21934.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Leesburg has an interesting new addition to its fleet.

The department purchased a 2002 Pierce Dash 105' rearmount ladder truck from Brindlee Mountain. It carries job number 13087.

Originally a Pierce demo, it was delivered to Ormond Beach, FL where it was painted red and white. Leesburg purchased it in 2011 and had Brindlee Mountain do some work, including the black paint.

This will be Leesburg's reserve truck and be housed at downtown station number 1. The current Truck 601, the Seagrave tiller, will be re-numbered to Truck 620 and continue to be the front line truck and run from FS 20 on Plaza Street.

Truck 601 still has some work to be done prior to going in service (mount equipment, driver training, etc.).

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The officer's side of Truck 601.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
A couple of Command Unit changes at Leesburg.

Command 601 was updated with the black colors to match the remainder of the fleet.

It is a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban/FastLane.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
More stealth like is Command 620, a 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe also outfitted by FastLane. When the emergency lights go on, this truck really lights up nicely.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike, Im no engineer but I'd like to see how the Eng, 2 Ambos, Tanker, MAB, MAU and EMS601 will fit in that firehouse. 7 Rigs. 6 Doors.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com