Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1345413092' post='495663']

Difficult because they have to go some where? or Difficult because they dont like to play ball?

[/quote]

Finding people at the station can sometimes be difficult because the dept is all volunteer and members don't hang around the station much unless there is a call would be my guess what Taylor is talking about.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Roanoke County (Cave Spring) Wagon 3

[Image: CAVE.jpg]
Bedford Engine 1

[Image: FP2.jpg]
Drivers side

[Image: FP1.jpg]
As much as I love Pierce RIgs it would be nice to see more Seagraves in the State.
Trey White
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1345740735' post='496067']

I much as I love Pierce RIgs it would be nice to see more Seagraves in the State.

[/quote] I agree but until they get their head out of their rears it isnt going to happen for sometime
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1345741762' post='496068']

I agree but until they get their head out of their rears it isnt going to happen for sometime

[/quote]

IMO (for the most part) they have gotten a "little too big for their britches". I love them to death, but (unfortunately) from what I have heard they have sacrificed quality simply for being "Seagrave" and many spend a good deal of time OOS. Decades ago you couldn't kill 'em. Same as the Hahn rigs.
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1345743589' post='496069']

IMO (for the most part) they have gotten a "little too big for their britches". I love them to death, but (unfortunately) from what I have heard they have sacrificed quality simply for being "Seagrave" and many spend a good deal of time OOS. Decades ago you couldn't kill 'em. Same as the Hahn rigs.

[/quote]

Yeah, take a look at FDNY, ordering Ferrara's !! whodathunkit !! All those years of nothing BUT Seagraves.....times are a changin !!
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
I could never figure out which actual engine (as in the sound of the rig and jake brake, not with siren) was louder - the late 60's - 70's Seagraves or Hahn's!!!
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1345751207' post='496102']

I could never figure out which actual engine (as in the sound of the rig and jake brake, not with siren) was louder - the late 60's - 70's Seagraves or Hahn's!!!

[/quote]

So many were essentially the same driveline, the smaller 6V71 or 8V71, the variation in sound came from the transmission used and they exhaust piping.

Photo Credit SNFF Patrick Martin 2008 Pierce Quantum PUC Former Engine-9
What is running as Engine 9 now?
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
[quote name='mikext' timestamp='1345865556' post='496234']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=95985]

Photo Credit SNFF Patrick Martin 2008 Pierce Quantum PUC Former Engine-9

[/quote]Sweet they already got it renumbered.Any idea if ex Engine 10 will stay as reserve?
Trey White
[quote name='jshippey' timestamp='1345894892' post='496239']

What is running as Engine 9 now?

[/quote]E9 is running a 2012 Pierce Quantum Skyboom
Trey White
Thanks
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Hampton Engine 101

2002 Spartan Gladiator-Quality 1500/500

Trey White
Yes as far as I know it will be a reserve aka E-107
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1345254223' post='495441']

Ladder 1

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=95502]

[/quote] Hands down one of the best looking trucks in Va.
Here are a few from Today

Chesapeake Engine 1

Trey White
Chesapeake Engine 10 ex E9

Not much of a PUC fan but this IMHO is the best looking out of the 10 Chesapeake Purchased

Trey White