Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
Anyone know the status of Fort Belvoir new Tanker 466?
Trey White
Roanoke City Engine 2 parked the City's historic station 1

[Image: EG3.jpg]
Trey,

The new IHC tanker came in on Tues. It was numbered wrong though. I guess the army had 8 built and a couple units had their numbers switched.
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1348795161' post='499367']

Roanoke City Engine 3 parked the City's historic station 1

[/quote]Nate you mean Engine 2?
Trey White
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1348811285' post='499380']

Trey,

The new IHC tanker came in on Tues. It was numbered wrong though. I guess the army had 8 built and a couple units had their numbers switched.

[/quote]Ok Thanks.
Trey White
Uh, yeah! My bad! Thanks Trey!
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1348795161' post='499367']

Roanoke City Engine 2 parked the City's historic station 1

[/quote]

What kind of ladder rack is this?
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
I believe that's a Pierce [url="http://www.dragtimes.com/video-viewer.php?v=H_ZPRUFedCk&feature"]ladder gantry[/url] without the usual side sheeting.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Thats pretty neat something to look at in future rigs.
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
So far, from the houses I have visited in Roanoke City the following are now running new Pierce Quantums: E1, E2, E6 and E13. Ladder 5 and Ladder 7 are both running Pierce Velocity's. Engine 8 also recently took delivery of a flat roofed Pierce Velocity, which I've heard they're quite happy with.
Correct, Nate. E2 (pictured above) was originally in service as E1, and was a demo. When new E2 was delivered, it was too tall for the station, so E1 went to E2, and E1 got their second new rig in a year.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Surprisingly, they absolutely love it! It's got 750 gallons of water and they said coming down the mountain from the Roanoke Star was like driving a Cadillac. Hope to snag some pics soon. Really nice guys at that house and a very unique station, complete with the old school wooden lockers and lots of other very cool stuff. Def worth checking out.

Though I'm not a huge Quantum fan these rigs (to me at least) are awesome in both appearance and spec's. Love the American flag design on the grill!
Roanoke County EMS 2's Ride. The County EMS Captains operate 24 hour shifts and operate out of station 3-Fire (Cave Spring).

[Image: EMS2b.jpg]
What is the story behind Virginia Beach buying a Pierce Arrow XT for the new Engine 19 Telesquirt? All of their Engines have been Quantums so I was suprised to see the new Engine be an Arrow XT.
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
[quote name='rescueff' timestamp='1348933665' post='499534']

What is the story behind Virginia Beach buying a Pierce Arrow XT for the new Engine 19 Telesquirt? All of their Engines have been Quantums so I was suprised to see the new Engine be an Arrow XT.

[/quote]Not really sure as to why the switch.Its odd that they opted to have a telesqurt removed off of a older rig and placed it on a new rig.
Trey White
NSA Hampton Roads Engine 14

Trey White
Trey,

What & Where is NSA Hampton Roads?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
It is just outside of the Norfolk Navy Base. It is actually accessible for photos because it is outside the gates. I made a stop there last year, just wish the sun would have been out. Is there still a squirt kept there?
Shoop they still have the Pierce Quint there.Thats station is in the process of becoming a stand alone dept soon.Nobody is saying much but alot of changes are coming.
Trey White
Norfolk Naval Shipyard Engine 21

Soon to be replaced this year

Trey White