Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia - Here and There
Dale City VFD

Prince William County, VA

Pierce Dash - A personal favorite of mine

Attached Files Image(s)

Mobile Ventilation Unit, co-owned by the OWL and Dale City Fire Departments in Prince William.

OWL purchased the chassis, DC purchased and installed the fan, which is powered by a 165hp Subaru racing motor running on high-octane, churning out nearly 270,000cfm. In case you get hot, yes, it does have a misting attachment on it.

[Image: 5394703264_438792c5c9_z.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Dale City VFD

New KME Rescue 10

Attached Files Image(s)

Side shot of Dale City's New Rescue

Attached Files Image(s)

A rig rarely seen but still a favorite of mine...

Dumfries Triangle Volunteer Rescue Squad

Rescue 3

1992 White/Volvo E\-One

Attached Files Image(s)

One of Dale City's backup rigs operating as Engine Company 13-B

"Midtown"

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairfax County, VA - "McLean"

Tower Ladder 1

Pierce Dash

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumfries Triangle VFD

Engine 3

E\-One Cyclone II

Attached Files Image(s)

While in the neighborhood I stopped off at Fairfax County station 19 to try and snap a few of their Engine and Rescue. First off, their primary Rescue rig is in Florida and not due back anytime soon. The reserve county Rescue they are using in the meantime will not fit in FS19, so it's running out of FS37. The OIC of Engine 19 refused to allow the chauffeur to pull out the Engine for me because I didn't "work for" the sites I would post the pics on. Hadn't heard that one before... but I will say it isn't the first or second time I have received "bad vibes" or a general reluctance from some crews in Fairfax, as much as I hate to say it. When I photographed Tanker 41 I was assigned a "minder" to follow me around the entire time I was at the station...
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1296514094' post='423105']

A rig rarely seen but still a favorite of mine...

Dumfries Triangle Volunteer Rescue Squad

Rescue 3

1992 E\-One Freightliner

[/quote]

Nate this is a White/Volvo E-Eone
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1296516778' post='423118']

Nate this is a White/Volvo E-Eone

[/quote]

Aha! My direct source at FS23 was apparently a bit off! Thanks for the correction!
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1296516402' post='423116']

While in the neighborhood I stopped off at Fairfax County station 19 to try and snap a few of their Engine and Rescue. First off, their primary Rescue rig is in Florida and not due back anytime soon. The reserve county Rescue they are using in the meantime will not fit in FS19, so it's running out of FS37. The OIC of Engine 19 refused to allow the chauffeur to pull out the Engine for me because I didn't "work for" the sites I would post the pics on. Hadn't heard that one before... but I will say it isn't the first or second time I have received "bad vibes" or a general reluctance from some crews in Fairfax, as much as I hate to say it. When I photographed Tanker 41 I was assigned a "minder" to follow me around the entire time I was at the station...

[/quote]

Thats odd? I'll say I havent been to 19 yet. But I've never had a "babysitter assigned to me". By and large I've never had a big prob in FFX except in 01 post 9-11.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1296517529' post='423126']

Thats odd? I'll say I havent been to 19 yet. But I've never had a "babysitter assigned to me". By and large I've never had a big prob in FFX except in 01 post 9-11.

[/quote]

I should clarify such experiences are not "the norm", but it happens... not trashing anyone. Perhaps there's an SOP out there on such issues.
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1296517900' post='423128']

I should clarify such experiences are not "the norm", but it happens... not trashing anyone. Perhaps there's an SOP out there on such issues.

[/quote]

I SHOT 19 ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO WITH NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. MAYBE A DIFFERENT SHIFT THEN.
The last time I was there the crew was very nice and I ended up with a Fairfax T-shirt at no charge. I think you have to be mindful that we are just guest and if the host wants to have the trucks pulled out or not or have someone with you then that is a small price for our hobby. I have had officers tell me not today or want to see ID and I look at it as "Beggars can't be chooser's" and do want you have to do to get the shot.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Very well put Terry. Thanks for offering your perspective.

Respectfully,

Nate
Question about Prince William, and specifically the Dumfries-Triangle Fire Department and the Rescue Squad. Are they 1 organization or a seperate entity? I ask because the RS is numbered "3" as a company number but so is the fire department.

Thanks in advance.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' timestamp='1296585965' post='423315']

Question about Prince William, and specifically the Dumfries-Triangle Fire Department and the Rescue Squad. Are they 1 organization or a seperate entity? I ask because the RS is numbered "3" as a company number but so is the fire department.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Ladder they are sperate but use the same co. numbers. Companies 3 Fire and 3 Rescue run out of seperate buildings but share the same quarters at stations 17 and 23. The Rescue was moved to 23 but its not in service.
Fairfax County, VA

Deputy Chief of Operations

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairfax County, VA

Mobile Communications Unit

Attached Files Image(s)