Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hose beds/loads
Meriden CT Engine 3. 

2010 Seagrave Marauder II  1250/500

We pull all of our pre connects off the back, use the Minute Man load.

[attachment=308224:IMG_0872.JPG

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Meriden CT Engine 3. 

2010 Seagrave Marauder II  1250/500

We pull all of our pre connects off the back, use the Minute Man load.

[attachment=308224:IMG_0872.JPG
Can you break down what all that is?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:Can you break down what all that is?
We use the Minuteman load as I said so 

Left to right

200' 1 3/4

250' 1 3/4

250' 2 1/2

Upper part with the 2 1/2 gated wye is 300' of 2 1/2 for some long lays in there first due area(is pre connected).  Below that is our stand pipe packs both sides.

Upper part is I believe another 200' of 2 1/2 dead load.  900' of 5"

Quote:We use the Minuteman load as I said so 

Left to right

200' 1 3/4

250' 1 3/4

250' 2 1/2

Upper part with the 2 1/2 gated wye is 300' of 2 1/2 for some long lays in there first due area(is pre connected).  Below that is our stand pipe packs both sides.

Upper part is I believe another 200' of 2 1/2 dead load.  900' of 5"

Thanks I was mainly wondering about the double stacks in the middle.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Rags, are the preconnects off the back attached to a pony line before the first full length or no?

Quote:Rags, are the preconnects off the back attached to a pony line before the first full length or no?
Yes
FDNY Engine 73

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:FDNY Engine 73

[Image: attachicon.gif]fdny73.jpg
 Nice license plate..... 22_yikes
Liberty Fire Company Wagon 736 located in PA

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Liberty Fire Company Wagon 736 located in PA

I have to ask what exactly is the blue ratchet strap looking thing and the white ropes that's strung all over the back of the rig for?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Quote:I have to ask what exactly is the blue ratchet strap looking thing and the white ropes that's strung all over the back of the rig for?
It wasn't on the there the day of the parade so I am guessing they placed it on for the drive home so they didn't lose any of it.
Quote:It wasn't on the there the day of the parade so I am guessing they placed it on for the drive home so they didn't lose any of it.
It looks like hell to me. Why don't they invest in a hosebed cover?
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Yeah it isn't very pretty but it's better then losing it and having several cars run over it or causing injuries etc. I don't know how far of a ride they had but I would estimate a good three hours to Ocean City, Maryland from their location in PA. 

Nice pic

Here are a few Hose Loads from Kansas. I call them The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly. I am always amazed that most fire departments put very little thought into the hose bed and hose line deployment. This is one of the most important parts of our fire apparatus. Fire ground efficent apparatus are extremely important in my own opnion.

THE GOOD:

Wichita, Kansas Fire Department EX: Engine 5

2006 Pierce Dash 2000/600

[Image: IMG_7313-L.jpg]

The Bundles

[Image: IMG_0848-L.jpg]

THE GOOD:

Miami County Fire District 1 (Paola, Kansas Vol Fire Department) Engine 4.

Demo-Stock 10-2009 HME SFO/ Ahrens Fox 1750/750/30FA . Extremely nice low hose bed for a stock unit with a 750gwt.

[Image: IMG_1266-L.jpg]

THE GOOD:

Paola, Kansas Vol Fire Department Engine 3

Demo-Stock 12-2009 Sutphen Sheild 1250/750. Extremely nice low hose bed for a stock unit with a 750gwt.

[Image: IMG_1229-L.jpg]

THE GOOD:

Manhattan, Kansas Fire Department Engine 1

08-2012 Pierce Velocity-PUC 1500/500

[Image: IMG_0899-L.jpg]

THE BAD:

Lawrence, Kansas Fire Department Engine 4 (Haz-Mat Unit)

09-2012 Pierce Velocity-PUC 1500/470/30FA

HOSE BED IS UPPER LEFT COMPARTMENT

[Image: IMG_7426-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7427-L.jpg]

THE BAD:

EX: Topeka, Kansas Fire Department Engine 6

09-1998 HME SFO/ Central States 1000/500/30FB

[Image: IMG_9320-L.jpg]

THE UGLY:

EX: Coffeville, Kansas Fire Department Engine 12 (2)

09-1990 Ford Cargo 8000/ Central States 1250/500

Easy and Efficient just not great looking. However it makes the job much easier for reduced staffing.

[Image: IMG_2379-L.jpg]

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Took these at 2014 MU Winter Fire School in Cloumbia, Missouri

2014 Spartan/ Smeal Crestwood, Missouri Fire Department. This marks the return of RED to Crestwood.

Just compare the hose bed height to the people walking around. Should have put a ladder on the rear.

[Image: IMG_0639-L.jpg]

The Kitchen sink and the frozen yogurt machine for the kids is in the front compartment. Just Kidding but it does a little of everything.

[Image: IMG_0640-L.jpg]

2014 Pierce Saber O'Fallon, Missouri Fire Procection District.

Primarly used for water supply in rural operations, however it does carry some hose. With this amount of water you most likely don't have to lay in.

[Image: IMG_0646-L.jpg]

Another Catch at Fire School a New design Fender from Precision

[Image: IMG_0644-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0643-L.jpg]

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Great pics, Rick....you and I think alike....hose bed height seems to be an afterthought with today's apparatus.  We have just spec'd a new pumper for the city, and the crosslays will be low and the rear hose bed will be approx 60" off the ground.  Much better than we have had in the past.

Neptune Fire company Engine 33 of Richland Borough, Lebanon County currently has 3,500 feet of 5" that can be laid out in one single lay or dual 1,750 lays as well.

[Image: E33Rear.jpg]

explain to me how this will work properly!!!!!!!!!!
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Ossining NY FD Engine 99
2012 KME Predator

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com