Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
Arlington Rescues are both at the shops. Saw Squad 104 there today.
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Bringing 2012 to a close here are my last for the year taken today from Sussex County.

Waverly Engine 120

Trey White
Brush 140

Trey White
Sussex Courthouse Engine 510

Trey White
Trey, great shots as usual. Does Waverly still have the Lafrance rearmount that i bielive came from Henrico?
The Waverly rig was sold a couple of months ago to a private collector in Prince George. Ironically, I happened to be the one who answered the phone when he called work looking for some information on the rig when it was still in service in Henrico. He's going to try to have it on the 2013 parade circuit.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
One of my favorite all time Squads - Blacksburg Rescue Squad's Unit 54, a 1991 Pierce Dash that still looks brand knew, and from what I was told still runs like a beast

[Image: PICS5_zps90ad0f51.jpg]
[Image: PICS6_zps014d9149.jpg]
in the later 90's Blacksburg purchased a classic 2-passenger "mini-squad", but over the years, despite it's young age, could not keep up with the weight of the equipment it carried and was "worn out". It was replaced by this 2009 Pierce Squad, which is quite impressive.

[Image: PICS3_zps7bbff622.jpg]
Unit 55 - side shot. Thank you to the extremely polite life member who pulled the rigs out for me and took the time to "talk shop".

[Image: PICS4_zpsabda8961.jpg]
Christiansburg Rescue Squad's Rescue 1. This rig was initially called "Crash 90".

[Image: PICS2_zpsc6c9c9cd.jpg]
Christiansburg's Medic 3. Thank you to the members for their help!

[Image: PICS1_zps17446641.jpg]
** By the way if you ever want to see some Volunteer Rescue Squad stations with A LOT of equipment/rigs, then both Christiansburg and Blacksburg are a MUST SEE.
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1356406734' post='506046']

** By the way if you ever want to see some Volunteer Rescue Squad stations with A LOT of equipment/rigs, then both Christiansburg and Blacksburg are a MUST SEE.

[/quote]

As is Charlottesville-Albemarle Rescue Squad (CARS)
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
[quote name='VFN102' timestamp='1356412142' post='506049']

As is Charlottesville-Albemarle Rescue Squad (CARS)

[/quote]

VERY true!
For those of you on Facebook, PLEASE consider supporting the following page. It pertains to a good friend's son who is a TRULY devoted fan of the Fire Service, and at the age of 4 was recently diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. He is a truly wonderful child. Thanks gents.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/TEAMHUNTER2008"]https://www.facebook.../TEAMHUNTER2008[/url]
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1356389395' post='506032']

One of my favorite all time Squads - Blacksburg Rescue Squad's Unit 54, a 1991 Pierce Dash that still looks brand knew, and from what I was told still runs like a beast

[Image: PICS5_zps90ad0f51.jpg]

[/quote]

Looks like a exact copy of the rescue squads that the Marine Corps purchased. Minus the light tower.
I'd guess that was a Marine Corps rig then sold and updated to how it is now.
please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
As I recall, that's original to the Squad.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Yeah I don't think the USMC even got rid of any of these rigs just reboyied them. I know I was offered one of the old walk-in bodies about 4 years ago.