Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rheems1 Photo Collection
when you took most of these photos were they with Shoop Jr or Shoop Sr
Yep, most of the time I pal around with one of the Shoop's
[quote name='Rheems1' timestamp='1245352502' post='314725']

Thank you Tim, I am sure that it was nothing personal and I will wind up getting them the next time I come down through that way (A couple of weeks probably when I arrange the Luke Fire Department).

Warren,

It does happen from time to time... I didn't think there was a policy against it.. I just think he was busy or in a hurry or something of that nature so he didn't want to pull the stuff out but didn't want to come right out and say it.

[/quote]

Dave,

Did you ever get back down to McCoole for shots of their apparatus? They have a couple nice Pierce rigs I'd like to see photos of.

Great shots by the way. Anytime you want some shots of our stuff. Please let me know!
Dave,

Do you still have the photos and video of us leaving for a call when you stopped at Gap several years ago. You had a group of guys there from out of the area.

I would like to see them...
LOL, I have the pictures from that day but I don't have a video of you responding.. I was to busy taking video of the house siren going off (I know.. me and my f-ed up priorities)..I will NEVER forget the sight of that Amish kid flying down the hill on the scooter, jumping off while it was still moving, hitting the wall and running into the station without missing a beat!!

[Image: Done037.jpg]

[Image: Done036.jpg]

Video of the siren (might take a couple of minutes to upload)

http://youtu.be/hfe81aX8VTY
[quote name='Rheems1' date='Jun 17 2009, 17:19 ' post='314540']

Warren,

"I found someone at McCoole who informed me that it is against company policy to pull stuff out for pictures and that he wouldn't do it. "

Rheems1;

I'm sorry you where treated poorly at McCoole, please accept my apology. I will ask who turned down your request. For the record there is no policy against pulling trucks out at McCoole for photos.

Next time you visit Allegany County, hit me up and I'll try to line up some stations ahead of time... Just got to know where to find the people.

Again, I'm sorry about the treatment at McCoole.

Tim Wilson

[/quote]

I spent about 2 hours at McCoole this afternoon with Tim. Their hospitality was top notch. A real classy bunch of guys there. Unfortunely, it poored the entire day so pictures were not an option. Pictures were secondary to the primary purpose of the trip anyway. But, I just wanted to say that the members were nothing but friendly and helpful. I would encourge everyone to get ahold of Tim and swing by for pictures if you are down that way.

Tim,

Thank you for all your efforts today. We truely enjoyed the trip.
Brett;

Pleasure meeting you and the crew from LTFD today and glad you all made it back home safe.

Tim
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Quote:Do you still have the photos and video of us leaving for a call when you stopped at Gap several years ago. You had a group of guys there from out of the area.

Quote:I will NEVER forget the sight of that Amish kid flying down the hill on the scooter, jumping off while it was still moving, hitting the wall and running into the station without missing a beat!!

That was awesome! I'll never forget it either.
Dave,

Do you still have the video of the house siren?
Yep, I posted a youtube link to it....http://youtu.be/hfe81aX8VTY
My first trip out for the year was a local one, I tried to stay in Adams County but didn't have luck most places I went. I will start with my home company, I have been planning to take the apparatus out for some pictures since I joined and today seemed like the perfect day. First of 2 stations that I got today, Lake Meade Fire and Rescue (be kind, I have trouble posing stuff and it is even worse when I am driving and trying to pose it!)

Lake Meade Fire and Rescue

Adams County, Pa

Engine 26

2001 Spartan/E-one 1,500/1,000

[Image: 001Engine26-2.jpg]

Rescue 26

2006 Freightliner/KME Rescue Truck

[Image: 002Rescue26-1.jpg]

Tanker 26

2008/2010 Mack Granite/Pennsylvania Fire Apparatus 1,000/3,000

[Image: 003Tanker26-1.jpg]

Second one just to show how pretty the background was

[Image: 004Tanker26LargerView-1.jpg]

Ambulance 26

2001 Ford/Braun

[Image: 005Ambulance26-1.jpg]
Harney Fire Department

Carroll County, MD

Engine 111

1976 Mack/1996 Pennsylvania Fire Apparatus Rehab 1,500/1,000

[Image: 006HarneyEngine111.jpg]

Tanker 112

2004 Pierce Pumper-Tanker 1,250/2,500/25

[Image: 007HarneyTanker112.jpg]

Brush 115

1969/1989/2004 GMC Brush Truck 1,100 (500gpm Front Mount and 600gpm PP)/150

[Image: 008HarneyBrushTruck.jpg]
I would have also had Barlow but the guy who was there had to leave, it wasn't a great first trip but it wasn't bad.. hope you like!
I LIKE THE BACK GROUND AT LAKE MEADE. KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN I FINALLY GET THERE. WHAT TIME OF DAY DID YOU DO THEM.
[quote name='davepa' timestamp='1303789073' post='436874']

I LIKE THE BACK GROUND AT LAKE MEADE. KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN I FINALLY GET THERE. WHAT TIME OF DAY DID YOU DO THEM.

[/quote]

That was a 1 o'clock shot, that was done on a cul-de-sac so there is some movement room with water on most sides (Tanker is tough to manuever but doable).... the first time I went down that street I though right away that I had my picture taking spot...everyone seems to really like it which is awesome!!! Whenever you want to come over, please let me know it took about a half hour to do all of these.. it isn't too far from the fire department.

Fritz
[quote name='Rheems1' timestamp='1303820283' post='436892']

That was a 1 o'clock shot, that was done on a cul-de-sac so there is some movement room with water on most sides (Tanker is tough to manuever but doable).... the first time I went down that street I though right away that I had my picture taking spot...everyone seems to really like it which is awesome!!! Whenever you want to come over, please let me know it took about a half hour to do all of these.. it isn't too far from the fire department.

Fritz

[/quote]

dave the international/darley the mack replaced is now in service with lake silkworth fire lehman twp luzerne county pa
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='wardengine' timestamp='1303836719' post='436935']

dave the international/darley the mack replaced is now in service with lake silkworth fire lehman twp luzerne county pa

[/quote]

Yes it is, there is a picture of it at the firehouse hanging up in Lake Silkworth colors.. I would really love to come up and photograph it but I don't imagine there is normally people around Lake Silkworth LOL. The new one is a brute especially compared to the old one that only had a 210hp motor in it with that big pump on the front.
Rheems1,

Does Lake Meade still have the Brush & Boat?

Also I heard that East Berlin's Tanker is getting Re-Chassied, any idea on what the new Chassis is?

Great Pictures by the way.
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
[quote name='rescueff' timestamp='1303843038' post='436956']

Rheems1,

Does Lake Meade still have the Brush & Boat?

Also I heard that East Berlin's Tanker is getting Re-Chassied, any idea on what the new Chassis is?

Great Pictures by the way.

[/quote]

LOL, I was hoping that no one would notice that the brush and boat were missing... we still have both but when I went to pull the brush truck out I found that someone had left the key on and it was dead as a door nail. We ARE getting a new brush truck , the old one (X-Heidlersburg) is on it's last leg, especially after all of the water rescues on that one Saturday. I just heard about East Berlin's tanker as well, they are having it re-chassised onto a Freightliner due to transmission problems with the Ford. If you ever want to come to the Lake for pictures please let me know, if I am home I will gladly take the stuff wherever you want it (with in reason). Thank you for the kind words about my pictures!!
[quote name='Rheems1' timestamp='1303848666' post='436970']

LOL, I was hoping that no one would notice that the brush and boat were missing... we still have both but when I went to pull the brush truck out I found that someone had left the key on and it was dead as a door nail. We ARE getting a new brush truck , the old one (X-Heidlersburg) is on it's last leg, especially after all of the water rescues on that one Saturday. I just heard about East Berlin's tanker as well, they are having it re-chassised onto a Freightliner due to transmission problems with the Ford. If you ever want to come to the Lake for pictures please let me know, if I am home I will gladly take the stuff wherever you want it (with in reason). Thank you for the kind words about my pictures!!

[/quote]

Buying a new Brush this time or purchasing a used one again?
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews