Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin, Tx Fire/Rescue
[quote name='Txfirephoto' date='04 March 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1267682168' post='367922']

Battalion 5 is with Quint 35 on Burleson Rd

[/quote]

Thanks for the information Tx.So if Quint 35 is running without their Engine I was wondering if a "stand alone" Quint like 35,27,38 or 19 is first due on a structure fire is it counted as an Engine company or a Truck company?.

For example a standard structure fire in Austin normally would get 4 Engines and 2 Ladders if I'm correct. If the first due company is a Stand Alone Quint then would the CAD dispatch a third Ladder company or would the first due Quint automatically be counted as one of the 2 normally assigned Ladder companies?

Also since Engine 35 has been reassigned to Engine 22's quarters, am I correct in assuming that Engine 22 has a very busy "first in District" as in most cases an Engine company has to be considered a "busy unit" to be able to justify havin a "second Engine" put in service in their "quarters". Thanks for the information.
[quote name='A/TCEMSPM' date='03 March 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1267681113' post='367919']

Hopefully I can shed a little light on this. Battalion six is responsible for the administrative stuff for Station 1, 14, 20, and 28. It is assigned on I believe all Special Operation boxes. It also can respond as a first due chief to fire in it's geographic response area and as a second due chief to wherever CAD says to go. An AFD structure fire box has 4 engines 2 ladders 1 rescue and 2 Battalion Chiefs so Geographically speaking Battalion 6 could be the first due battalion chief to anything on the east side of the city. as far as where the battalion chiefs are stationed at I am sure TxFire Photo or Tac Support will correct any mistakes I make.

Shift Commander is at central- Engine 1 Quint 1 Engine 13

Battalion 1 is with Engine 2 at MLK and Guadalupe

Battalion 2 is with Engine 44 on Spicewood Springs and Four Irons Dr.

Battalion 3 is with Engine and Ladder 8 at Burnet and Research

Battalion 4 is with Engine and Quint 17 on South First st.

Battalion 5 is?

and Battalion 6 is at Engine and Rescue 14 on Airport Blvd.

I might Have Battalion 4 and 5 flipped but I can not for the life of me remember where one of them is at

[/quote]

Thanks for the information A/T. I see that Austin must have increased their structure response as if I'm correct they used to send only 3 Engines on a structure fire but now they send 4.

I was curious what do they normally dispatch on the subsequent Alarms 2nd through 5th or do they do things like in Los Angeles and dispatch "only what is requested" after the first alarm?

I had the opportunity to listen to the recording of the Plane into building Incident a few weeks ago and they read off the box and the location ,plus the Equipment that was dispatched, however they didn't say it was a Second or Third Alarm ,even though it certainly sounded and looked like it was more then just a first alarm fire to me.

Thanks again, Firepost
Where did you find the recording of AFD for that incident?
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
When A quint is first due on a structure fire they would preform has the first due engine. Once the first engine arrives on scene the quint crews pull out and start performing has the ladder. Most structure fires will get 2 ladders. High rise fires will get 3 ladders.

[quote name='firepost' date='06 March 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1267897164' post='368301']

Thanks for the information Tx.So if Quint 35 is running without their Engine I was wondering if a "stand alone" Quint like 35,27,38 or 19 is first due on a structure fire is it counted as an Engine company or a Truck company?.

For example a standard structure fire in Austin normally would get 4 Engines and 2 Ladders if I'm correct. If the first due company is a Stand Alone Quint then would the CAD dispatch a third Ladder company or would the first due Quint automatically be counted as one of the 2 normally assigned Ladder companies?

Also since Engine 35 has been reassigned to Engine 22's quarters, am I correct in assuming that Engine 22 has a very busy "first in District" as in most cases an Engine company has to be considered a "busy unit" to be able to justify havin a "second Engine" put in service in their "quarters". Thanks for the information.

[/quote]
Quint 18 is back from Pierce after recieving bodywork and hydraulic system repair after it sustained damage to the rear officers side after being struck by a vehicle while safety blocking at an MVA late last year. It damaged the rear end, the rear officers side compartments, and some of the ladder hydraulics. It will be back to Quint 18 very soon.

They will be recieving another new quint this year. It is unknown where it will be assigned as of yet.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='06 March 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1267906076' post='368312']

Where did you find the recording of AFD for that incident?

[/quote]

Ladder 68 I just emailed you, the link to the "Austin Airplane into building dispatch" through this websites email service.
It was a Second Alarm.

[quote name='firepost' date='06 March 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1267897822' post='368303']

I had the opportunity to listen to the recording of the Plane into building Incident a few weeks ago and they read off the box and the location ,plus the Equipment that was dispatched, however they didn't say it was a Second or Third Alarm ,even though it certainly sounded and looked like it was more then just a first alarm fire to me.

Thanks again, Firepost

[/quote]
Engine 79

2000 Pierce Quantum

1500/500/50F

Job # 11384-02

Ex-Engine 18

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Austin FD Engine 9

2009 Pierce Contender

Seth Granville
Battalion 6

2009 Ford F-350

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 6

2009 Ford F-350

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 2

2009 Ford F-350

Attached Files Image(s)

remind me to Become a Battalion Chief For Austin Fire Cause they have the coolest chiefs Trucks in the World.
The new engines are in there going to be assigned to Engine 3, Engine 29, Engine 32, & Engine 41.

[quote name='Txfirephoto' date='12 November 2009 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1258044339' post='347170']

Austin is ordering 7 new rigs. The order is for 5 pumpers, 1 105' quint, and 1 brush truck.

[/quote]
Engine 7 also got a Contender. I was told that 27's got the new quint and there old quint will become a reserve.

[quote name='Txfirephoto' date='16 June 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1276719570' post='387673']

The new engines are in there going to be assigned to Engine 3, Engine 29, Engine 32, & Engine 41.

[/quote]
Rescue 59

1995 Freightliner/Saulsbury

Ex-Rescue 21

Attached Files Image(s)

Austin, TX

Quint 27

2010 Pierce Velocity PUC

Pierce Job #22927

Attached Files Image(s)

Seth Granville
[quote name='TacSupport1' date='29 July 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1280421282' post='395176']

Austin, TX

Quint 27

2010 Pierce Velocity PUC

Pierce Job #22927

[/quote]

Interesting. I haven't seen one of those on the road yet. Nice pic.
Engine 3

2010 Pierce Contender

1500/750

Job Number 22929-1

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 29

2010 Pierce Contender

1500/750

Job # 22928-3

Attached Files Image(s)