Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Prince William County VA
How far out are Dumfries 2 New Eone Pumpers?

Trey White
Quote:How far out are Dumfries 2 New Eone Pumpers?

Feb/March 2014
E592 is the newest pumper at the Academy.  The Arrow XT in red looks great in my opinion, but it's definitely missing something (graphics, slogan, etc.) on the Driver side body.

M519 (2007 red Chevrolet) had about 5,500 miles on it, so it was sent to run as M525 for a few months to put some mileage on it.  The Academy currently has M525s Freightliner, marked up temporarily as M519.  Based on staffing at the Academy, this unit can be placed in service to cover training burns.

Thought I would include a couple of the Police specialty units as well.

Mobile Command Post used by PD.

Last ones for tonight.

Lenco SWAT unit

SWAT support unit.  Not sure if they bought this new, or from another department.

Nice grabs.  I always like seeing the "heavy" PD apparatus!

Quote:Last ones for tonight.

Lenco SWAT unit

[Image: attachicon.gif]lenco.jpg

SWAT support unit.  Not sure if they bought this new, or from another department.

[Image: attachicon.gif]swat.jpg
Bought new in 2001
I know Dale City purchased two KME's, did both get assigned to Station 18?

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
18 and 20.
So, does anyone have all the details on Dumfries ordering pumpers?

two?

make?

model?

pump/tank/foam?

ordered from whom?

Thanks for any information - Jerry

Quote:So, does anyone have all the details on Dumfries ordering pumpers?

two?

make?

model?

pump/tank/foam?

ordered from whom?

Thanks for any information - Jerry

Here's what I have, corrections welcome from those in the know:

Two 2014 E\-One Cyclone II 1500/750 pumpers at $595,049 each from BRRS.  Slated to go to FS3.

The 2000 E\-One pumper will be disposed of.

The 2003 E\-One pumper will go to FS23 to run as a reserve for FS23 and FS17.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
When did you find this out Taylor?
Trey White
Taylor, I notice you did not list the required PWC foam of 40/40. Was this an ommision, or did BTVFD not have to include it?

Quote:When did you find this out Taylor?

A few weeks ago.

Quote:Taylor, I notice you did not list the required PWC foam of 40/40. Was this an ommision, or did BTVFD not have to include it?

It was a typo on my part, good catch.
Taylor Goodman
Yes, The above info on the DTVFD pumpers is correct. Although the part of 503B going to FS23 wasn't supposed to be put out there yet (to my knowledge). The 2 new pumpers will remain at FS3. We are also placing an order for a squad very soon. This is what I'm puzzled about as a member though. WHY hand over our Truck to the county and have it go west for a reserve and the County place Quint 4 at FS23 as Truck 523? and give us money for a squad? Which was spec'ed immediately following our "Truck Options" meeting at FS3. Where we were told by the Chief about the options proposed by the FRA concerning the future of Truck 3. Where I also asked which option the county preferred because the meeting seemed fake and that decisions had already been made without the general memberships input. It was funny seeing the drawings for the new squad with a date 10/23/13 on them. Only a week or so after the "options" meeting. Not trying to watchdesk here, just feeling a little shafted as a member. One that came back to get the Truck staffing up and I kinda like her; grown acustomed to her. Will never be the Hurricane but shes not a bad ride.

So Truck 503 is going to the West End as a Reserve? I guess the County will label it as a County Rig.
Trey White
EngineForLife, is it safe to assume the Rescue Squad will come from Ocala as well?

Taylor Goodman
Yes, Specs are posted in the rear lobby at FS3. It will be a Cyclone II chasis. 24' Box I believe. I will check tomm. when I get there. I know it's a walk around and has no coffin compartments either.

Thanks brother, sounds like it'll be a nice piece, especially with the big box on it.

Taylor Goodman