Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Emergency Medical Servies
shfd739

They purchased 4 of the '08 or '09 Chev 3500 gasoline chassis in the first batch of 16 Frazers that they received back in Sept. & Oct. '08. The "gasoline experiment" failed, so to speak. Of the 4 (Medics 13, 29, 31 & 35), seems one or two are pretty much always in the shop for GM problems (so I'm told). Therefor, the batch of 15 that they just received are all Ford diesel chassis, like the 12 others from the first batch from Frazer. Of course, this is just "what I heard" and not meant to be an "official" answer from SAFD.

The "tube" you see on the right front corner of the box is Frazers answer to a problem reported by SAFD with the first couple of units they received last year. They (SAFD Medics) complained about exhaust fumes from the generators getting into the patient compartment so Frazer retrofitted the first batch and this second batch came like that originally. I've never seen it done on any other Frazer units before.

Would like to see more pictures of the Acadian San Antonio units. I have to admit I like the original Acadian paint scheme ALOT better than the "new" Texas design on those Sprinters, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of the Sprinters anyway ;-)

John
I wonder what kind of problems the gassers are having? We had 3 gas chassis gen trucks on the Miss. coast from '02-'08 and they were very reliable. All 3 had the 6.0 engine. Chassis were pulled at 240-270k miles. If I remember right they were more reliable than the Duramax's were at the time. I kinda miss them. It was nice not having the diesel noise or smell.

Ive worked in generator trucks for 6 years now and Ive never noticed exhaust fumes. The system only gets outside air when a door is open.

Im torn on our new logo/scheme. I like the flag but I heard it wasnt well recieved in central Texas. The new boxes with the new graphics are decent looking. A big change from how we've looked going back a long time.

The Sprinters are decent. They are better than a Ford van I think. The front is roomier and the seats are alot better. The back is about the same. A little narrower but I can move around fine. Ive heard we might be trying out some Sprinter cab/chassis as type 3s. Benefits of the Sprinter with the room of a box. But that was rumor so not sure when to expect to see one. Im not even sure what companies besides Medix are doing them. I sure wouldnt want a Medix unit.
[quote name='ja78247' date='01 November 2009 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1257130002' post='345609']

shfd739

They purchased 4 of the '08 or '09 Chev 3500 gasoline chassis in the first batch of 16 Frazers that they received back in Sept. & Oct. '08. The "gasoline experiment" failed, so to speak. Of the 4 (Medics 13, 29, 31 & 35), seems one or two are pretty much always in the shop for GM problems (so I'm told). Therefor, the batch of 15 that they just received are all Ford diesel chassis, like the 12 others from the first batch from Frazer. Of course, this is just "what I heard" and not meant to be an "official" answer from SAFD.

The "tube" you see on the right front corner of the box is Frazers answer to a problem reported by SAFD with the first couple of units they received last year. They (SAFD Medics) complained about exhaust fumes from the generators getting into the patient compartment so Frazer retrofitted the first batch and this second batch came like that originally. I've never seen it done on any other Frazer units before.

Would like to see more pictures of the Acadian San Antonio units. I have to admit I like the original Acadian paint scheme ALOT better than the "new" Texas design on those Sprinters, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of the Sprinters anyway ;-)

John

[/quote]

Isn't the generator in the right rear compartment of this unit? I don't see how that tube would keep the exhaust fumes out of the patient compartment if that is the case.
Elgin, Tx

Guardian EMS

Medic 20

Ford/?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Fort Bend County EMS

Rosenberg, Texas

Group Shot

2 Regional Response Units

4 of 17 Frazer Type I Units

1 of 6 Paramedic Squad Units

1 of 4 Command Staff Units

Attached Files Image(s)

Fort Bend County EMS

Rosenberg, Texas

Different View

Attached Files Image(s)

Fort Bend County EMS

Rosenberg, Texas

Medic 8

2009 Dodge / Frazer Type I

Attached Files Image(s)

Fort Bend County EMS

Rosenberg, Texas

Regional Response Unit

MC-1

2008 Ford F-750 / Remounted Frazer Module / Advanced Containers Trailer

Attached Files Image(s)

Fort Bend County EMS

Rosenberg, Texas

Regional Response Unit

MC-2

2008 Ford F-750 / Remounted Frazer Module / Advanced Containers Trailer

Attached Files Image(s)

Correction on manufacuter of trailers:

Advanced Containment Systems Inc - USA

Houston, Texas
[quote name='shfd739' date='13 October 2009 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1255483959' post='342742']

Acadian Ambulance San Antonio just received 5 new Dodge Sprinter/Medtec. They have our new company wide graphics with the new Central Texas logo that replaces the currently used corporate flag. These should hit the streets by the end of the month.

[/quote]

Will they be assigned to the Austin or San Antonio division? Or both?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='TacSupport1' date='06 November 2009 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1257546721' post='346290']

Will they be assigned to the Austin or San Antonio division? Or both?

[/quote]

Seth,

A little "birdie" told me Acadian is getting 50 some odd new Sprinters...a mix of Wheeled Coach, Medtec & AEV units. Don't know if that is 50 some odd for TX or Acadian in general. I do know they are considerably more $$ than a type II Ford or Chevy so I'd say it's gonna take quite a few miles to make up that difference with better fuel mileage. But as I said before, I'm not a fan of them so I probably come off as biased, LOL ;-)

John Anderson

San Antonio, TX
....to clarify, that's "not a fan of Sprinters". I have nothing against Acadian so I didn't mean it to possibly sound like that's what I meant.

John
[quote name='TacSupport1' date='20 May 2009 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1242865703' post='307216']

Austin-Travis County EMS

District Commander

2008 Ford F-350 4x4

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=49930]

[/quote]

What's been the feedback on the pickup truck-style vehicle versus the old modular body style vehicle? How are they keeping meds and such climate controlled?
The only Meds currently refrigerated is the Chilled Saline in a 12V powered cooler type refrigerator in the back. The Narcs Box for the commanders is a large pelican case stored in the cab, commanders med kits are usually up there as well so no huge heat swings to deal with usually, plus we dont carry Ativan or anything that really requires refrigeration. The weight of the Frazier boxes was killing the F-350 chassis so there are no current plans to remount them. We retire them at 250,000 miles. (Which kills the chassis more than the weight) Personally I think we could make due with a Prius.
[quote name='ja78247' date='06 November 2009 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1257564638' post='346325']

Seth,

A little "birdie" told me Acadian is getting 50 some odd new Sprinters...a mix of Wheeled Coach, Medtec & AEV units. Don't know if that is 50 some odd for TX or Acadian in general. I do know they are considerably more $$ than a type II Ford or Chevy so I'd say it's gonna take quite a few miles to make up that difference with better fuel mileage. But as I said before, I'm not a fan of them so I probably come off as biased, LOL ;-)

John Anderson

San Antonio, TX

[/quote]

I "think" that is 50 company wide. I know some of the boxes we just recieved are 1-2 year old LA units that were sent to us and replaced with Sprinters in LA. I dont know the price difference between a Ford/Chevy van and the Sprinter but Im pretty sure we wouldnt be switching to them without there being some upside to it. Course all the comparisons Ive heard compare a Sprinter cost to run to a Chevy Type 1 as that has been our vehicle of choice for a long time. I would guess Austin will be seeing them at some point as their current units reach their service life.
Here are some I got this morning. First was a setup being done for print/media ads.

Has one of the CCT units along with the Gator and some Sprinters.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next unit is a new Chevy Duramax/Allison with shop built generator box.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another new Chevy/Frazer. Some like this have the old style graphics. These are slightly used from LA. I also have a pic of the Command/Gator Trailer but I need to resize it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's another shot of one of Acadian's new Sprinters with the new paint scheme:

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com