Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loudoun County,Va.
What happened to the Seagrave Tiller that was T601?

Quote:What happened to the Seagrave Tiller that was T601?
It was renumbered as Truck 620 since it runs from Leesburg Station 20 to allow for the Reserve to be 601.
Trey White
Quote:A couple more to round out this series of updates.

Leesburg Truck 601 was also dressed up a bit - mainly the wheel covers removed and a Roto-Ray warning light added.  In my opinion, this one looks sharp!

Truck 601

2002 Pierce Dash/2011 Brindlee Mountain

105'

job number 13087

ex- Pierce demo

ex- Ormond Beach, FL

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Now, it just needs some hub caps and lug covers on the wheels! Crazy how a new paint job and removing those awful simulators improves the truck 100%!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:...mainly the wheel covers removed and a Roto-Ray warning light added.  In my opinion, this one looks sharp!...

You will most likely see more and more of this, one of the guys that worked apparatus for Montgomery retired and went to Loudoun. The wheel covers make it hard to do a complete inspection of the steel wheels during check out.

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

I noticed on the FESCO website that Loudoun County has a new ambulance 617-3...What happened to Hamilton's green and white unit?

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Quote:I noticed on the FESCO website that Loudoun County has a new ambulance 617-3...What happened to Hamilton's green and white unit?
They still have the green and white units....The county just placed a New Unit there in the County Colors for that one truck.
Trey White
Thanks Trey

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Just a few quick updates for Loudoun County.

Leesburg 1/20 - Committee formed to spec out new Engine

Purcellville 2 - New rear mount Pierce Tower on order (Fairfax County Spec)

Middleburg 3 - All of the Volunteer owned apparatus has been sold by the VFC membership. That included a Pierce Engine, Sterling Pierce Tanker and Brush unit. They currently are running a newer County owned Pierce Arrow XT Engine and Pierce Mack/Granite Tanker (previously Tanker 618).

Round Hill 4 - Just placed into service a new County Pierce Arrow XT Engine, and County Ford/Horton ALS Ambulance

Philomont 8 - Just sold volunteer owned 1800 gallon Tanker. Still have volunteer owned Engine/Tanker, Engine and County 3000 gallon Tanker

Loudoun Heights - Just placed into service a new County Pierce Arrow XT Engine and Ford/Horton Ambulance.

Sorry, no pictures included.

<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: times new roman,times,serif'><em class='bbc'>Brent Harne</em></span></strong>

Career Captain - Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, Leesburg Va. - Engine Co. 6

Fire Chief - Middletown Volunteer Fire Company #7, Middletown Md.
Does Middleburg still have volunteers?

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Quote:Does Middleburg still have volunteers?
As far as I am told they have no more volunteers at Middleburg and the station is now 100 % career staffed as well as the rigs .
Trey White
I guess this is whee I should have made my debut as a BC.

thanks for the update Brett.

The Middleburg VFC has a few Volunteers. Yes there is a brand new County owned Station, but being a combination system there was both volunteer and career people running there. The Station went 24's (Engine/Tanker/ Medic) back in 2010, and there were only a few volunteers around then.

<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: times new roman,times,serif'><em class='bbc'>Brent Harne</em></span></strong>

Career Captain - Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, Leesburg Va. - Engine Co. 6

Fire Chief - Middletown Volunteer Fire Company #7, Middletown Md.
Thanks Brent.....things are always changing no matter where you are.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Sterling Volunteer Fire Company
Loudon County, Virginia
Engine 624
2014 Spartan Gladiator/Smeal
450hp Cummins ISL9, Waterous 1500 GPM Pump, 750 Gallon Tank, 20 Gallons Class A Foam Tank

[Image: 23649480518_d5264c7545_b.jpg]

Sterling Volunteer Fire Company Engine 624 by Seth Granville, on Flickr
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I spent too much time trying to get a shot of this midmount thanks to Loudoun's no-photography allowed policy for me to not share it. I drove by on a Sunday and found several pieces of apparatus sitting outside doing some training, and waited for this guy to back it in. Oldie but a goodie.

2007 Pierce Dash midmount 95' for South Riding aka Dulles South. 

[Image: 26143880128_949884957c_k.jpg]

Care to share information about this policy?
Trey White
Quote:Care to share information about this policy?

I can only speak to what I've been told at Dulles South, but I stopped by there twice last year to see if they would pull out the midmount and both cases was referred to ranking officers who said Loudoun County has a no-photography allowed policy for their apparatus. Of course, I've also been to Leesburg station 1 and 20 and was able to get shots of all their apparatus with no issues. So idk, but it seems legit if two different people say that's the case. The regular rank-and-file didn't seem to have a problem with it, but the ranking officers did. 
I find this hard to believe. If you private message me we will take care of this for you.  At 19 the Captain is Sam Meyers on "A" Shift and at least 3 of the Battalion Chiefs are really good guys. the fourth one was also a good guy, but he recently retired.

Naturally when you go to the stations be polite and act like you have seen a fire truck before.  You may want to offer some of your shots to the crew.  Get an e-mail and be sure you follow through.

I actually sent a message to the Department through their website, try to go through official channels and such instead of just showing up. Didn't get a response. I'll try them later on my next trip back to VA.